At Mark’s you’ll find a successful, innovative, and growing company that values people and fosters a culture of performance and accountability. We invest in the growth and development of our employees and empower them with the tools and knowledge to successfully perform their jobs in a positive working environment.
If you’re organized, able to adapt to changing workloads while still maintaining accuracy and work efficiently, you’ll fit right in at Mark’s! As a Shipper/Receiver, you’ll work independently to ship and receive stock.
- Manage the backroom to organize, prioritize and openly communicate with other team members to ensure a smooth flow of product in and out of the store
- Prepare store to store transfers, and prep ecommerce/online orders
- Communicate stock errors and discrepancies clearly and efficiently with team members
- Work as a team to achieve goals
- Maintain a world class environment in the store
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to work independently
- Able to lift at least 50lbs and be comfortable bending, lifting, kneeling, and using ladders
- The capacity to successfully complete a criminal background check
- A demonstrated sense of urgency
- Computer literacy (data entry, scanning, etc.) is an asset
- 3 – 6 months of experience working as a retail shipper/receiver would be highly desirable
- A passion for the community in which you live, and/or experience volunteering would be an asset
Mark’s offers a welcoming and respectful culture, and a commitment to your training and development. Our employees benefit from flexible work hours, full- and part-time benefits, a positive work environment, excellent training, product discounts, and more.
Ready to join our team? Apply now.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Mark’s is a wholly owned subsidiary of Canadian Tire Corporation Limited.
Mark’s is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees – their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, if you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided with be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.