Paul Bros NEXTreme Inc. is a multi-diverse, multi-discipline company with manufacturing, construction, mining and retail divisions. Our employees can expect a very diverse working environment with many career development opportunities.
Located in Yellowknife NWT, population 22,000, and on the north shore of Great Slave Lake it is considered one of Canada’s top 15 sunniest cities and is considered the best place in Canada to see the northern lights. With many natural attractions and resources, such as Great slave lake, the second largest lake fully within Canada and deepest in North America there are many outdoor activities within minutes reach such as swimming, fishing, boating, skiing, biking, hiking, camping and northern lights viewing.
PBN is currently looking to hire an Experienced Steel Manufacturing, Construction, and General Contracting Estimator to work in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories to help improve overall company operations of a diverse business that specializes in metals manufacturing/construction, mining services of all trades and retail industrial sales.
Working only under the company CEO and the Operations Manager, the ideal candidate should have a positive attitude with a strong work ethic, be able to take charge and lead the company strategically, is hardworking and be willing to work as many hours as it takes, gets along well with others and is willing to be flexible with last minute or emergency client requests by meeting tight deadlines with the overall team.
Hours are based on no maximum number of hours per week with the manufacturing facility open from Monday to Saturday 8am to 6pm in Yellowknife and the business operation on mine sites 365 days/year; however, typically this job will continually require some extent of attention and reflects on how well the Estimator manages his/her time. Subsidized Staff Accommodation available with an opportunity for health and other benefits after 3 months’ probation Wage is dependent upon experience, certifications and is competitive.
The Estimator is responsible to provide accurate, detailed information and timely project estimates for our large custom steel fabrication, construction, and general contracting projects. You will also be involved in business development and preparation of proposals and submissions, under the direction of the CEO and Operations Manager.
• Estimating for labour and/or material costs
• Tendering Processing
• Contract administration
• Inspection for various projects
• Inventory control & Material Processing
• Preparation and planning for projects awarded
• Co-ordination with shop fabrication and erection schedule
• Planning for Construction Projects & Estimating for various large scale projects (bridges, steel buildings, construction projects, etc.)The successful candidate must have the following skills and experience
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience estimating along with 5 to 10 years fabrication experience
• Experience preparing quotes in construction, general contracting, and steel manufacturing industries
• Ability to read blue prints, drawings and specifications for materials
• Strong math and problem solving skills
• Ability to work within tight deadlines
• Project management and coordination experience
• Knowledge of fabricating equipment and machines (brakes, saw, ironworker, rollers/benders, etc.)
• Familiar with the following standards ASME, CWB, ULC, API and ISO and/or COR.
• Able to manage multiple deadlines
• Excellent organizational and follow through
• Advanced analytical and critical thinking skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Teamwork and Positive Attitude amongst various staff
• Commitment to the development of the business
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Degree or diploma in Engineering is an asset
• Fluent written and verbal English communication skills
Education and Experience
• Degree in business administration, commerce, management, industrial technology, industrial engineering, structural engineering or a trade’s certificate with over ten years’ experience in a similar role from a comparable business.
• Industry relevant production experience
• Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management
• Knowledge of business and management principles and practices
• Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices
• Knowledge of human resource principles and practices
• Knowledge of project management principles and practices
• Information technology skills
• critical thinking and problem solving skills
• planning and organizing
• communication skills
• influencing and leading
• team work
• conflict management
• stress tolerance