Paul Bros NEXTreme Inc. is a multi-diverse, multi-discipline company with manufacturing, construction, mining and retail divisions. Our employees can expect a very diverse working environment with many career development opportunities.
Located in Yellowknife NWT, population 22,000, and on the north shore of Great Slave Lake it is considered one of Canada’s top 15 sunniest cities and is considered the best place in Canada to see the northern lights. With many natural attractions and resources, such as Great slave lake, the second largest lake fully within Canada and deepest in North America there are many outdoor activities within minutes reach such as swimming, fishing, boating, skiing, biking, hiking, camping and northern lights viewing.
PBN is currently looking to hire an Experienced Business Administration Manager to work in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories to help improve overall company operations of a diverse business that specializes in metals manufacturing/construction, mining services of all trades and retail industrial sales.
Working alongside the Business manager, overseeing all Administration staff; the ideal candidate should have a positive attitude with a strong work ethic, be able to take charge and lead the company strategically, is hardworking, willing to work as many hours as it takes, get along well with others and willing to be flexible with last minute or emergency client requests by meeting tight deadlines with the overall team.
The successful candidate is responsible for Accounting, Human Resources, and providing guidance in the various Administration functions, which include recruitment, scheduling, training/development, performance monitoring, employee relations, and ensuring all departments are performing and meeting deadlines, requirements, and expectations in the various areas, but not limited to:
• Primary Responsibility – Management of Accounting, including bookkeeping duties to document financial transactions, reconciliations, year-end preparations
• Assessing employee performance
• Negotiating contracts, preparing proposals, and determining projections
• Maintaining and modeling professionalism in the work place
• Mediating staff issues
• Interviewing and hiring key staff
• Motivating colleagues
• Improving goods and services
• Preparing financial data
• Promoting and marketing the business
• Minimizing expenditure
• Managing, monitoring, preparing budget reports on a project basis
• Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options and summarizes reports
• Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
• Secures financial information by completing data base backups and maintains financial security by following internal controls and secrecy
• Writing and Implementing Office Procedures for all departments
• Managing the entire Payroll process, including overseeing the payroll department for minimum 50 personnel, timely and accurate
• Employee performance management and improvement systems
• Manages and directs all Human Resource Activities
• Manages & Leads the implementation of company safety and health programs. Monitors the tracking of OSHA-required data.
• Working with other office personnel for various Office duties for all business needs
• Meeting monthly deadlines, for financial reporting to CEO & Business Manager
• Overseeing and as required completing all Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable entries
• Business Administration Degree and/or equivalent
• Accounting Diploma and/or Bookkeeping
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with Canadian Accounting & Bookkeeping
• Minimum 2 years’ experience using proficiently Sage 100 Software
• Confident and experienced with the development, implementation, and administering of Office Procedures (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Human Resources, Payroll, Inventory, and Work Orders)
• Experience with quarterly Corporate Filing, Monthly GST Filing, Payroll Remittance, Insurance, and meeting all deadlines with accuracy
• Experience working with Bonding Agencies to ensure all Financials are accurate
• Must have experience and comfortable with all functions of Sage 100
• Verbal and Written Communication is a necessity
The successful candidate must work well in a fast-paced environment, excellent independent work skills and works as a team, flexible and possess excellent organizational and time management skills with attention to details.
Candidate must be confident in verbal communication, giving direction, scheduling deadlines, and follow through of all administration tasks.
Hourly rate varies between $35/hr to $40/hr, depending on experience, skills, and education. Expected Hours to work are a minimum 50 hours/week and work week is from Sunday to Saturday. Hours worked depends on the schedule of the week but are typically 8:00am to 6:00pm. Some weeks require additional attention and Manager is expected to ensure all tasks items are addressed that are required for each day. It is expected that upon hire the individual will take over this role confidently as a leader and independently. It is expected that the Manager, will within 2 to 3 months of on the job training will become familiar with the Industry.
Expected start date PRIOR to April 1st, 2020.
If you think you will be a good fit for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.