Title: Residential Construction Coordinator
Location: One Dr. David Friesen Drive, Winnipeg
Start your exciting new career in the home building industry with one of Manitoba’s most established and successful home builders.
Reporting to the Production Manager, as the Residential Construction Coordinator you are responsible for providing construction and administrative support to all functions in the home build process, ensuring accuracy and efficiency with all projects and documentation.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Creating and adjusting purchase orders for construction trades and suppliers.
• Completing City permit requests, preparing and distributing documentation to all team members and stakeholders.
• Creating schedules and communicating timelines with internal departments to resolve issues.
• Assisting with the implementation and monitoring of core construction safety program.
• Supporting the Construction Manager with other duties as required.
• Performing other administrative tasks such as applying for hydro applications, lot grading, staking, and steel requests in order to release permits.
As our ideal candidate, you are:
• Organized; you effectively manage your time while balancing multiple priorities in this exciting, fast-paced environment.
• Detail-oriented; you have an eye for the smallest detail and you have incredible accuracy.
• A strong communicator; not only can you clearly express your thoughts in conversation, you can also write and present in a persuasive and influencing manner.
• A creative problem solver; you can think outside the box for solutions without fear of failure.
• A strong listener; you seek to understand by asking questions in a non-judgmental way.
• High school diploma, or equivalent.
• Post-secondary in Civil Engineering Technology preferred.
• Minimum 1 year of experience in an administrative role related to construction.
• Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
• Satisfactory verification of criminal record check.
• Comfortable using office equipment and Microsoft Office Programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Teams) and accounting/project software (NewStar etc.).
What We Value
• Creating trusting and successful working relationships.
• Taking responsibility for the outcome of decisions and actions.
• Cooperating with team members in an open, supportive and respectful manner.
• Rewarding our team members for their dedication, commitment, and hard work!
You will work primarily in an office setting during regular business hours. Overtime may occasionally be required.
Kensington Homes is a single-family and multi-family business unit of Qualico with over 50 years of building new homes in Manitoba. Since we’ve built our first home in 1972, we’ve dedicated ourselves to providing great customer service, quality homes, and plenty of options.
Thousands of Manitoba families have selected Kensington Homes as their builder of choice, something we are very proud of. To learn more, click here.
At Qualico, our people make the difference. We offer an exciting place to build your career with competitive compensation and benefit packages, company matching RRSP/DPSP program, employee home purchase program and employee discounts.
Qualico is committed to the health, safety and wellness of its employees and the community. By continuing our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace, Qualico has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all employees in Canada to be fully vaccinated. Proof of vaccination, in the form of a provincially recognized document, must be submitted as a condition of employment. Our policy allows for accommodation in cases of valid medical or religious exemptions. Information related to proof of vaccination or exemption will be kept confidential.
Candidates being considered will be contacted. We thank you for your interest. Join our Talent Community to stay up to date on job opportunities and to find out why we have the best reasons to come to work every day.
Closing Date: June 20, 2022
View original article here Source