At U Build Construction, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We’re a community of builders committed to building better communities. That’s why we’re always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what’s next in our industry.
We’re also looking at what’s next for you and how we can help you build a career you’re proud of.
As an Estimator/Project Manager for our Office in Stony Mountain, Manitoba, you will contribute to our team by:
• Takeing responsibility of medium-sized (100k- 5 million) estimates or a component of larger estimates and is accountable for that specific work scope.
• Conducting a detailed analysis of the contract documents and specifications, to determine overall project requirements, risks and opportunities.
• Completing full quantity take-off of all labour, equipment and materials for both self-perform and trade work required to complete the project as per contract documents.
• Identifying productivity impacts on projects and establishes a critical path schedule on the estimated milestone and completion timelines.
• Soliciting pricing from subcontractors and suppliers for labour, equipment and materials.
• Undertaking regular trade correspondence to confirm bid intent and to clarify scopes of work, while contributing to updating and maintaining the trade contractor database.
• Completing final cost estimate of a project and produces a final tender submission for review and approval.
• Working with internal departments to develop a comprehensive submission package.
• Preparing final tender or RFP documents for submission to client to meet contract deadline submission.
• Reviewing the project budget, schedule, and project execution plan and identify any potential risks prior to the project starting and throughout its life cycle.
• Tracking and compiling historical information from previous bid projects as well as current projects.
What you will bring to the role:
• Diploma or Degree in engineering, architecture, estimating or construction management
• Proven ability to lead pursuits over $1 million, and up to $5million
• Minimum four years experience in estimating with a focus in construction including buildings and civil estimating
• Previous estimating experience with a general contractor and on-site experience would be considered as asset
• Solid understanding of contracts, specifications, construction methods and procedures
• Knowledge of key principles involved in bid preparation, including quantity take off procedures, project scheduling, sub-trade procurement, pricing and bid closing procedures
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, estimating software and AutoCAD/On-Screen Takeoff
• Ability to establish a good working relationship with many different people, including owners, trade contractors, designers, other estimators, managers, and supervisors.
• Effective oral and written communication skills
We look forward to hearing from you
View original article here Source