M.D. Steele is a locally owned Manitoba General Contractor specializing in transportation, industrial, commercial, and institutional projects for over 25 years.
You will find an organization where your skills are recognized, and opportunities are presented. If you are wanting a career in an energizing environment join a company built on integrity and innovation. Our drive for industry leadership, commitment to safety, and innovative environment make M.D. Steele a place to build a lasting career.
A Project Coordinator / Jr. Estimator at MD Steele will be responsible for assisting in the daily coordination of assigned projects and tenders. This position is accountable for assisting with overall project quality and is to adhere to company policies and procedures.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
• Assisting the project manager and superintendent with overall project performance including administration, scheduling, safety, and quality.
• Providing leadership for safety and quality programs.
• Administering shop drawing and submittal processes.
• Assisting with change management pricing, processing, and scheduling.
• Assist with project billings and work with accounting to ensure timely processing.
• Assist with monthly and quarterly project financial reporting.
• Assisting with overall project post-mortem review, including archiving documents, maintenance, and warranty.
• Fostering relationships with suppliers, subtrade, consultants, architects, and clients through the tender process.
• Compiling new tender documents for estimating.
• Performing quantity takeoffs and assisting in the estimating of new tenders.
• Other duties as required.
• Experience in a civil construction.
• Engineering degree or a diploma in Civil Engineering Technology (CET).
• Ability to apply problem-solving principles to construction challenges.
• Planning, organizational, and time-management skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships.
• Demonstrate competence in project coordination, cost control, quality and administration.
• Ability to understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, and project schedule.
• Computer skills and proficiency with MS Office.
• Familiar with using scheduling software, such as Primavera or Microsoft Project.
• Familiar with estimating software an asset.
• Familiar with AutoCAD/Civil 3D an asset.
Job posting will close on May 24th qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please forward resumes to email@example.com
View original article here Source