Forward House Ministries is a 25 bed Christian residential rehabilitation centre. Our centre has need of an individual to take responsibility for our kitchen/dining areas including preparation of meals, and food service supervision.
• Plan, prepare, and provide quality food to residents and staff, adhering to food quality and nutrition standards.
• Plan menus and food utilization based on donated food products, purchased food, dietary restrictions, nutritional value, and food budget management.
• Support resident’s health goals, taking into account allergies, eating disorders, etc. in meal plans.
• Maintain all kitchen equipment, surfaces, appliances and serving tools.
• Ensure safe and proper food handling, preparation, serving and storage of food.
• Replenish, order, and inventory all food products, including food donations.
• Assist in helping our residents learn food preparation skills.
• Participate as a member of the leadership group of the centre.
• Promote and work in a manner consistent with the mission of Forward House.
• Prior experience as a cook serving groups of about 25-30 individuals.
• Knowledge of meal planning, food preparation, and kitchen equipment operation.
• Possess or qualify for food handling certificate.
• A positive outlook and willingness to help those less fortunate.
• Preference for an individual of the Christian faith.
• Available for up to 25 hours per week with flexibility.
Forward House is a Christian community offering holistic support to men who have experienced marginalization, incarceration, and poverty. We provide a home environment that is safe, supportive, and conducive to beginning a healthy lifestyle. Through kinship, compassion, and encouraging hope, we believe they will discover their divine purpose and transformation in becoming valued and contributing members of our community. Contact: Executive Director Forward House Ministries Inc.
407 Chalmers Ave Winnipeg MB R2L 0G3
View original article here Source