Jade Transport (See https://www.jadetransport.com) located at 963 Dugald Road, Winnipeg, MB, R2J0G8 is searching for a full-time permanent position for a Logistics Supervisor (Dispatcher) with a background in dangerous goods.
Jade Transport’s cargo includes sodium hydroxide (caustic soda), hydrochloric acid, bleaches, chlorine gas, asphalt, and emulsions, etc.
Logistic Supervisor Duties
• Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in shipping, receiving of dangerous goods
• Plan, organize and oversee operational logistics of the organization, establish work schedules and procedures for the safe shipment of dangerous goods
• Prepare and submit progress and other reports to the operations manager
• Train clerical workers in job duties related to non-regulated and dangerous goods shipments
• Arrange for the correct bulk trailer be available
• Coordinate with other departments (truck shop, trailer shop, and driver services) to ensure equipment and drivers are readily available for dispatch
• Administer ISO standards within the dispatch department with a focus on Risk Management
• Ensure smooth operation of computer systems such as Axon ETA, Peoplenet Fleet Manager
• Dispatch of dangerous goods
• Process and transmit information and instructions to co-ordinate the activities of vehicle operators using computer-aided communications and dispatching equipment
• Dispatch drivers of dangerous goods according to written schedules and work orders
• Advise drivers of route and traffic problems such as construction, accidents, congestion, weather conditions, weight and size restrictions and other information
• Maintain vehicle operator work records using computerized or manual methods and ensure time sheets and payroll summaries are completed accurately
• Maintain computer and manual records of mileage, fuel use, repairs, and other expenses, and generate reports.
• Use Axon ETA and Peoplenet Fleet Manager (training will be provided)
• Certificate, Diploma or Degree with Chemistry as a subject
• Applicant must be able to communicate inn English
• Experience with shipments of dangerous goods is crucial as a dispatcher or logistics supervisor or logistics manager
• Proven ability to complete the duties above
Annual wage of $65,500
How to apply
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Three references confirming your experience to meet the requirements above
• Please also find a summary of the book “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” by Stephen Covey. Here is such a summary https://www.oberlo.ca/blog/7-habits-of-highly-effective-people-by-stephen-covey-summary and explain which of the 7 factors do you follow with examples
• A motivation letter in which you explain why you would be a suitable applicant
The method of applying is to test if you can follow instructions. If you do not follow these instructions and apply in the prescribed manner your application will not be considered.
View original article here Source