- Come and experience life in one of Canada’s northernmost communities and finish each day knowing you have made a difference!
- Highly competitive hourly rates!
- A challenging and rewarding role for an experienced OBM!
About the Organization
The Nunavut Housing Corporation (NHC) works to deliver housing solutions that provide an important link to Nunavut communities. The NHC delivers the Public Housing Program to 25 Nunavut communities with a vision of ensuring affordable housing options for all Nunavummiut. The financial and professional resources needed to provide ongoing public housing services are made available through management agreements between the NHC and the Local Housing Organizations (LHO).
About the Opportunity
Currently, the Nunavut Housing Corporation is recruiting qualified Journeymen Oil Burner Mechanics to support maintenance and renovations for approximately 1,300 units in 5 fly-in communities (Taloyoak, Gjoa Haven, Kugluktuk, Kugaaruk, Cambridge Bay) in Nunavut.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Oil Burner Mechanic (OBM) will be involved in renovating and upgrading social housing units. Scope of work will vary depending on the condition of each unit and may include, but is not limited to, repairing malfunctioning oil burners, installing new oil burner heating systems, and performing preventative and demand maintenance on equipment such as motors, pumps, boilers, forced air furnaces and oil-fired hot water tanks.
To qualify for this role, you will have:
- Minimum 5 years experience at the interprovincial Journeyman level;
- Minimum 3 years experience in a supervising position;
- Previous experience in Arctic construction and maintenance would be an asset;
- Current Class 5 drivers license with a 3-year drivers abstract;
- Criminal record and vulnerable sectors record check
The successful candidates will be team leaders who enjoy supervising and teaching apprentices and labourers, who will always promote a safe worksite and lead by example.
Finally, you must be self-motivated and have the ability to work effectively as part of a team and individually. Please note that a Criminal Record Check will be required.
About the Benefits
The successful incumbent will be rewarded with a competitive salary. You will also receive a great range of employee benefits, including:
- Competitive hourly rate as per collective agreements (different for each location)
- Subsidized housing provided (shared accommodations)
- Various contract lengths available; fly-in/fly-out rotation schedule to be negotiated
- Contract term may be extended or renewed upon mutual agreement
NHC is collecting resumes to create a pool of qualified candidates. Individuals will be hired by the independent housing authority in each community. Resumes will be kept for a period of 12 months.
If you are looking for a role where no day is the same, and where you can make a real difference in the lives of others, then this is the role for you – APPLY TODAY!
Nunavut Housing Corporation
View original article here Source