Journeyman Automotive Technicians
St. James Volkswagen
We are looking for an experienced Automotive Technician to join our growing team, based out of our St. James Volkswagen dealership in Winnipeg, Manitoba. You will play a crucial role in terms of the customer experience in conducting diagnostic procedures to determine vehicle maintenance requirements and providing accurate repair recommendations to our customers. Additionally, you will the opportunity to mentor, coach and train apprentices within the dealership.
What We Offer
• Health and dental benefits
• Training opportunities
• A driven, positive, and vibrant team environment
• An opportunity to be part of an exciting, growing business!
Your Key Responsibilities
• Perform diagnostics, repairs and maintenance on vehicles.
• Test all systems or components ensuring they are secure and working properly.
• Isolate the systems or components that might have caused the maintenance issue.
• Maintain efficiency and accuracy in diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
• Preventative maintenance as it relates to repairing or replacing worn parts.
• Follow a checklist to ensure that each critical part of the vehicle is examined.
• Watch or inspect parts such as: like hoses, belts, plugs, fuel systems, brakes, and other possible troublesome items.
• Use power tools, machine tools and common hand tools.
• Review work orders and discuss with supervisor.
• Inspect motor in operation, road test vehicles, and test systems and components using computerized diagnostics and other testing devices to diagnose and isolate faults.
• Adjust, repair or replace parts and components including fuel system, brakes, steering and suspension, engine and drive train, emission control and exhaust, cooling and climate control, and electrical and electronic systems.
• Mentor, coach, train and support the development of apprentices in the dealership.
• Demonstrate and champion a healthy and safe work environment.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
• Must possess a provincially recognized Journeyman Automotive Mechanic Certificate.
• Red Seal Certification would be considered an asset.
• Completion of a related post-secondary program and or training courses.
• Professional demeanor and strong work ethic.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Efficient problem-solving skills.
• Ability to operate electronic diagnostic equipment.
• Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
• High level of integrity and work ethic.
• Ability to meet physical demands such as heavy lifting, standing for long periods of time and using to use power and hand-held equipment.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and a safe driving history.
We are committed to investing in people with ambition, drive and a strong desire for success. To join the exclusive team at St. James Volkswagen, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portal of our website www.autocan.ca
Founded in 2006, AutoCanada started with 19 dealerships managed by our head office team out of a tiny office in Edmonton. Fast forward 15 years and we currently operate 63 dealerships in eight provinces and the United States. As anyone can tell you, with fast and significant growth comes growing pains and due to that, in the past we have experienced our share of changes.
We are in pursuit of an elite team to take our publicly traded, Canadian-born and raised company, to the next level in automotive excellence and, as the exciting industry of automotive continues to evolve, our story, and that of our 4,200 team members, will continue to transform.
For more information about AutoCanada we invite you to visit www.autocan.ca, @AutoCanada or www.facebook.com/autocan/. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
View original article here Source