EAST ELMWOOD COMMUNITY CENTRE
490 Keenleyside Street
East Elmwood Community Centre one of the city’s newest community centres. We provide recreation, programming and hall rentals to our local community.
We are seeking a Janitorial Worker to provide cleaning and light maintenance for our facility and grounds. This is a full time, permanent position.
The successful candidate required:
• Experience and ability to clean and maintain high traffic, public use facilities, grounds and equipment using standard cleaning techniques
• Experience and knowledge of safe handling and storage of cleaning supplies and equipment
• Sound interpersonal skills; profession, friendly and calm manner, ability to interact with public
• Analytical and problem-solving skills; decision making skills
• Effective troubleshooting skills , resourcefulness and the ability to take initiative when warranted
• Exceptional time management and organizational skills, the ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to lift, carry, manage equipment and supplies, including event sets ups (tables/chairs)
• Ability to work flexible hours if required
The following aspects are beneficial (but not required):
• Emergency First Aid with CPR, with AED
• Previous experience working in a multi-use facility
This position is possible through a grant received from the General Council of Winnipeg Community Centres and is subject to the following criteria:
• Employee must be a minimum of 18 years or age
• Employee is subject to a Child Abuse Registry check, cost covered by EECC
• Employee must review and sign a “Safe Return to Work” acknowledgement form
Wage: $13.12 per hours, includes 4% holiday pay
Please submit a cover letter and resume with references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EECC thanks all who reply. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
View original article here Source