Randstad, Canada’s #1 Staffing Agency is currently recruiting for a client in the steel industry.
Are you an experienced Heavy Equipment Operator?
Our client is seeking Heavy Equipment Operators/Material Handlers who want to work in a fast-paced environment! The position requires you to operate the material handler/excavator and shearer.
– Daytime hours, Mon-Fri 8:00 am – 4:30 pm with OT available
– Bonuses based on production
– $20 – $25/hr based on experience
– 2 weeks paid vacation per year
– Benefits available after 6 months
– Utilizing excavators with multiple attachments (magnets scissors etc)
– Must be able to operate the equipment in a safe and productive manner
– Be compliant with all regulatory requirements and established safe practices
– Demonstrate skill in the identification of key hazards and use of strategies to work safely, such as: inspecting shred feed, flammables and heavy iron.
– Start-up and shut down of equipment safely, by following comprehensive pre-operational checks, star-up, and shutdown procedures.
– Maintain and monitor equipment, following maintenance procedures and monitoring gauges
– Keep the equipment and work area clean as often as possible’
– Help maintenance with repairs if necessary
– Advise the supervisor of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
– 1+ years experience in the steel industry an asset
– Experience of 3 years as a Heavy Equipment Operator with at least 5000 hrs using material handling machines
– Must be punctual, reliable
– Able to work independently, with minimal supervision
– Good mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity
– Valid Class 5 driver’s license (or higher)
– Quick and attentive learner
– Strong attention to details
– Working knowledge of safety standards
– Good English communication skills – verbal & reading
– Must be able to lift and carry 50 to 100 pounds
Ways to apply;
– Apply directly to this post
– Email your resume to email@example.com Include the title of this job ad in the subject line
– Create a profile and apply through our website, www.randstad.ca
**At this time our office is currently closed and we will be conducting all interviews virtually and over the phone. Please visit www.randstad.ca to learn more about how we are working hard to protect our clients and our candidates during the Covid-19 pandemic.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position and only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
View original article here Source