IDC Communications (on behalf of Bell MTS) is currently looking for energetic customer service-oriented Telecommunications (Copper/Fiber) Field Service Technicians (contract basis). Contractors must supply own tools, ladders, and work vehicle (white).
Selected applicants will install, diagnose, maintain fiber, and copper networks (Internet, Phone, TV) and associated components, as well as be customer-focused, responsible, results orientated and providing a positive customer experience every time. IDC Communications requires Contractors to work evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays.
• Experience with Installation, repairs and maintaining Fiber and Copper Networks.
• Experience with troubleshooting Copper and Fiber Networks
• Experience with installing data and voice cabling (Cat5e & Cat 6)
• Experience with installing copper and fiber aerial drops from pole and attaching them to the house.
• Ability to distinguish colors.
• Ability to climb ladders at least 28′ high.
• Own reliable vehicle (must be white in color and less then 10 years old).
• Proof of contractor insurance
• Crimp and terminate Cat5e RJ45 connector
• Strong command of the English language – both spoken & written
• Neat appearance and good customer service skills
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to accommodate a variety of assignments at various locations
• Maintain a valid Manitoba driver’s license
• Physically fit, including the ability to lift heavy objects, tools and climb a ladder
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check (Triton)
• Good understanding of Computers
• Must have a mobile phone for work purposes
• Installing, troubleshooting, and servicing home internet systems/products in customer’s home
• Contractors will interact with consumers daily and should be comfortable and able to effectively communicate/train customers
• The following training will be provided: Fall Protection, ladder safety & WHIMS certification.
• Comfortable using handheld tools and working at heights
• Maintaining stock of all parts, supplies, and equipment
• You will be exposed to a variety of weather elements including heat, cold, wind, and rain
• Installation, termination, & testing of Cat5e cable
• Follow safe drilling practices
• Willing to work flexible schedules including daytime, evenings and weekends
• Follow safe work practices
• Willing to travel
• Willing to finish online training at your own time
Tools & Safety Gear:
• Safety Footwear
• Safety Vest
• Hard Hat & Safety Glasses
• All necessary tools of the trade
• EXFO copper/fiber test meter will be provided.
• Social distancing guidelines in place
• Sanitary wipes and hand sanitizer are provided.
• Mandatory masks to be worn while indoor work is being done.
• Online daily screening.
If you enjoy working with the public, and have a strong desire for personal and financial growth, apply on our website:
View original article here Source