Are you looking to start or grow a career in Logistics and Warehousing?
Would you describe yourself as someone who enjoys physical work and thrives in a team setting?
If you answered yes to both questions, we would love to hear from you! The Yard Worker position’s main responsibility is to ensure the uninterrupted movement of lumber products in the warehouse as well as the Yard. This position is also responsible for bundling and loading Lumber Products onto trucks, ensuring the warehouse and yard areas are kept clean, ensuring all documentation associated with the warehousing process is complete, and assist in the warehouse as required/requested.
What you need to know about the Yard Worker Positon:
– Operating hours are between 7 am to 4 pm (8-hour shifts with optional weekend work sometimes)
– You will be required to work in the warehouse, around the yard, and under tents.
– Most of the lifting requirements and between 25-35 lbs. Occasional lifting of loads above 50lbs is required.
– You will be working for a family-owned company with a tight-knit team.
– Forklift Experience is a major asset but not necessary. We will give priority to candidates with the right attitude and great references.
– Medical, Dental, and Vision, Employer-matched RRSP
– Opportunities for growth and cross-training into different positions.
– Paid vacation, holidays, and personal days
– Boots allowance
– Company events
– Picking and packing orders
– Checking invoices and verifying the correct product is provided
– Assisting with the daily upkeep of the yard including organizing stock, cleaning, and maintaining pallets/stock, leveling and covering products
– Ensuring orders are complete and report any shortages, discrepancies, or problems to supervision.
– Bundle and load onto trucks as required/requested, complete and file documentation
– The Yard Worker also participates in warehouse physical inventory as required/requested.
– Operating a Forklift to move lumber on and off trucks. You will also use the forklift to move products in and around the warehouse. (Forklift Training provided for the right candidate).
– Confidence with basic math and small calculations (adding, subtracting, basic division & multiplication)
– Ability to handle heavy lifting (Up to 65 lbs a few times)
– Labelling skills (Clear Handwriting)
– Good verbal and written communication skills.
– Ability to work in team settings and alone.
– Forklift experience is a good asset.
If you are interested in this position – we would love to hear from you. Below are three easy ways to apply:
1. E-mail resume to Jocelyn: email@example.com
2. Apply online: http://www.randstad.ca
3. Call Jocelyn@ 778.773.4203
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
View original article here Source