Description Position at Gateway Casinos Corporate Office, Burnaby
Job Type: Full-time
Who We Are
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway’s proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley’s Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Why Work For Us
Gateway celebrates and empowers those employees who made it all possible. A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our 26 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs for all while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!
This position will oversee and manage all web accounts and creative talent and vendors. This role is responsible for ensuring the timely delivery of web and creative projects while adhering to casino marketing regulations.
- Manages and oversees daily operations of website and graphic design projects.
- Manages web accounts, web hosts, domains, maintenance, content, and projects.
- Monitors websites for security and performance and proactively implements improvements.
- Designs and develops casino, hospitality, and internal company websites.
- Manages creative assets, accounts, and team workflow.
- Develops internal creative team manuals.
- Trains and coaches web and graphic designers.
- Helps manage design projects in coordination with in-house and out-of-house resources.
- Supports design projects
- Supports the creation and implementation of brand and design guidelines.
- Researches and implements systems to improve team collaboration.
- Performs other duties as required.
What You’ll Require
- Post-secondary education in graphic/web design or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a team of web/graphic designers
- Portfolio demonstrating graphic design principles and technical expertise
- Gaming industry experience is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with team members from many different departments
- Ability to plan, organize and effectively manage multiple priorities in a timely manner
- Strong conceptual skills with a solid understanding of the digital landscape
- An excellent visual, layout and typographic sensibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter personality with the ability to work independently and interdependently
- Able to effectively lead a team of designer/developers
- Strong project and time management skills to adhere to changing project timelines
- Positive, enthusiastic, and humble attitude, ready and willing to learn every day
- Ability to problem solve in the event of web emergencies
- Knowledge of modern SEO practices
- Ability to write clean, semantic, SEO-optimized, accessible code
- Strong knowledge of website optimization for speed and security
- Knowledge of BCLC, AGLC, and OLG marketing regulations is an asset
What Is Next
Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply within 30 days of the posting date.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway Casinos and Entertainment Limited