We are seeking an Intermediate to Senior Traffic and Electrical Engineer for a well established consulting client of ours in the Vancouver area.
•Perform hands-on design for roadway and area lighting, traffic signals, as well as ITS and fibre network infrastructure.
• Carry out calculations to ensure that designs meet applicable engineering standards and codes.
• Prepare design drawings utilizing AutoCAD and PDF markups, REVIT and MicroStation.
• Provide mentorship, direction and oversight to junior engineers, technologists and designer/CAD staff.
• Review and sign off on design drawings, cost estimates and documentation prepared by other staff.
• Prepare tender documents and specifications
• Provide construction oversight.
• Perform field reviews and prepare record drawings.
• Prepare proposals and quotations.
• Perform project management functions including preparation of cost estimates, budgets, schedules, design reports, peer reviews.
• Liaise with clients, project managers, and stakeholders as necessary.
• Prepare proposals and quotations
• Assist with business development activities.
• Perform other related tasks based on individual project or business requirements.
• A degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
• Professional Engineer certification with EGBC.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience is required.
• Experience related to the design of street lighting, traffic signals or ITS is desirable.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and PDF markups. REVIT and MicroStation experience an asset.
• Familiarity with Provincial and Municipal electrical design standards is desirable.
• Working knowledge of analysis tools such as AGi32
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (English).
• Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, meet demanding deadlines, and work in a team environment is required.
• Must have a valid Class 5 Motor Vehicle Operator’s License.
• The candidate should be a self-starter, highly motivated and a team player with the ability to work on a variety of simultaneous goals and issues.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please forward your resume via email to Nick Paraskeva | firstname.lastname@example.org
Randstad Professionals Canada
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.
View original article here Source