Are you someone who has a real passion for serving others? Are you a registered Social Worker looking to showcase your knowledge, skills, and abilities in a new and dynamic environment? If you’ve answered yes, then we want you to keep reading.
Fraser Health is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are located in Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley, one of the most livable regions in the world, and one of Canada’s largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 1.8 million people, we serve 1/3 of BC’s entire population and have 33,000 dedicated professionals in our 12 hospitals and other facilities that expand from Burnaby to Hope.
Come work with one of B.C.’s top employers where you will have a chance to utilise your skills as a committed Social Worker in our Assertive Community Treatment Program (ACT) located at our Mental Health and Substance Use Services in New Westminster, British Columbia.
Build on your education and career experience as you:
- Provide clinical social work counselling services to clients and families with serious, persistent mental illness and substance use in the clinical specialty area within the Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) program.
- Conduct comprehensive social work and psychosocial assessments of clients with mental illness and substance misuse/dependence using a variety of modalities and in accordance with professional standards and clinical policies and practices.
- Take a key role in discharge planning and ensuring optimal continuity of care through activities such as liaison, referral, advocacy, coordination, brokerage, and pre-placement visits.
- Develop, coordinate, and deliver in-services, presentations, psycho-educational and support groups as well as carry out research activities in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
To join our team, you have:
- Master’s Degree of Social Work from an accredited school of Social Work.
- Current registration with the BC College of Social Workers.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a mental health treatment setting.
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s license and possession of a personal vehicle.
Work with an experienced and dedicated team and join our commitment to provide quality care to our clients/patients/residents. We invite you to find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health to their friends and family as a great place to work!
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, here are more reasons why you should apply:
- A career that offers you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are excellent in their respective fields.
- Fantastic opportunities for support and mentorship into supervisory and management roles are available as you advance within the organization.
- Competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
- An opportunity to make a difference every single day in the world of health care.
Take the next step and apply so we can continue the conversation.
Curious to find out what it’s like to work here? Like us on Facebook (@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram (@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights.
Rate: $36.99 – $46.27 / hour
Rate: $36.99 – $46.27 / hour Job ID: 244167
View original article here Source