Are YOU a keen learner who enjoys being a Subject Matter Expert, excels at research, loves being an early product user, passionately advocates on behalf of customers, and develops world-class content that is perfectly pitched to users?
Randstad Technologies is recruiting for a Senior Technical Writer (Multiple Positions) for our Vancouver based client. This is a full-time permanent position and the ideal candidate needs to be in Vancouver or willing to relocate to Vancouver.
If you want to work for one of the most recognized brands in the world and one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada. Apply now!
*Please only candidates with valid employment status in Canada will be considered*
What is in it for YOU?
• Competitive Salary
• RRSP Matching
• Employer Paid Flexible Health Coverage (from day one)
• Employee Purchase Program – discounts!
• Professional Development Opportunities
• Social and Wellness Events
• Employee Referral Program- we want great talent like you!
What will YOU do?
As an experienced Senior Technical Writer, you will:
• Work with a mix of products, including end-user devices and apps, enterprise IT admin cloud services, web consoles, developer SDKs, REST APIs.
• Develop a variety of content, including user, admin, and developer guides, step-by-step how-to tutorials and videos, and web page copy, blog posts, and FAQs.
• Understand our customers: their point of view, knowledge level, skill sets, preferences, and pain points. You’ll do this by working with our UX researchers to run surveys, interviews, and tests. With this knowledge, you’ll pitch your content to the right audience using the right language
• Become a Subject Matter Expert. You’ll master our technologies: phones, tablets, and watches; Android, Tizen, and Windows operating systems; Java and C programming languages; and REST APIs and scripting languages. You are a disciplined self-learner, making use of a variety of methods to become proficient fast
• Optimize quality by analyzing metrics, reviewing customer feedback, and continually improving content
• Enhance internal efficiency and productivity. You’ll review the latest tools and methods; propose new ways of working; and train and support team members during transitions
How do YOU qualify?
To qualify for the Senior Technical Writer role with our client, you must have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Communications, or equivalent
• At least 5+ years of technical or business writing experience
• Excellent proficiency in English, ability to explain highly complex concepts in plain English
• Ability to understand new and complex technologies quickly
• Strong attention to detail and a commitment to quality
• Problem solving skills, ability to find the root cause of issues and troubleshoot them yourself
• Agility in multi-tasking in a rapidly changing environment with hard deadlines
Nice to have:
• Knowledge of any of the following: Mobile Device Management solutions, Microsoft Endpoint Manager, or Active Directory (AD)
• Experience with HTML and CSS: troubleshooting issues, updating design and layout
• Experience with MadCap Flare
• Experience with video development: storyboarding, scripting, production
• Experience with code repositories like Git, Perforce
• Knowledge of API reference generation using Javadoc, Doxygen, Swagger
Do you have this experience? If you answer YES, then please apply IMMEDIATELY so we can discuss your experience and interest in this opportunity!
For more information on this opportunity or to apply, please reach out to email@example.com
View original article here Source