We are Pomerleau. And you could be too.
Pomerleau is recognized as one of Canada’s leaders in theconstruction industry, in the institutional, commercial, industrial and civilengineering sectors. Clients benefit from our expertise as general contractor,construction manager, project manager and design-builder.
Pomerleau believes in delivering excellence. Every Pomerleau employee upholdsthis value, leading to the achievement of superior results in every sectorwhere we do business. Pomerleau: proud individuals who share a vision and arepassionate about what they do.
What YOU Will Do
As a member of the Methods department, the SeniorMethods Engineer plays a strategic role and actively participates in projectsuccess, beginning with the proposal phase. Working in collaboration withthe estimating and construction teams, the Senior Methods Engineer contributesto creating optimal execution conditions and design specific temporarystructures, according to operating procedures. The Senior Methods Engineer is continuouslydeveloping innovative solutions adapted to each project’s specificcharacteristics and challenges.
Under the Project Manager’s supervision,the Senior Methods Engineer will be involved in the preparation of theconstruction work planning and the establishment of the general methods andwork sequences. They will plan anddesign temporary structures, oversee production of the models and drawings requiredfor fabrication, and ensure work on the structures is compliant duringinstallation at the construction site. They will also provide technical support during the proposal and implementationphases.
What YOU Will Do
- Participate in preparing the schedule, general methods and work sequences;
- Analyze drawings and specifications for the project’s permanent structures;
- Identify innovative solutions for erecting temporary structures in line with proposed planning and general methods, while anticipating potential work site issues;
- Utilize your technical expertise to design temporary structures including special formwork, pile driving jigs, platforms, temporary walkways and bridges, steel structures, cofferdams, temporary supports etc;
- Get involved with preliminary design of temporary structures during the proposal phase, as well as the implementation phase;
- Collaborate with your team members to coordinate and produce models and fabrication drawings for temporary structures;
- Prepare design calculations and notes for temporary structures;
- Participate in the internal engineering document verification process;
- Sign and seal temporary structure drawings;
- Provide the construction team with technical support regarding installation and compliance with methods;
- Certify compliance of temporary structures;
- Demonstrate your expertise as a relevant and credible technical resource for stakeholders.
What YOU Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Construction Engineering;
- 10 + years of relevant engineering experience with at least 5 years in Methods Engineering;
- Professional Engineer registered with APEGBC;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to comprehensively communicate technical issues and summarize important elements and how they interrelate;
- Excellent technical and analytical skills with a desire for continuous learning;
- A high level of proficiency with AutoCAD, MS Project and AdvanceDesign, or other finite element software;
- Proficiency with Revit, Civil 3D and/or SketchUp is an asset;
- Planning / scheduling experience is considered an asset;
- A high level of autonomy and initiative, coupled with strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines;
- A collaborative team approach to working with all stakeholders;
- Ability to exercise good judgment in decision-making while striving for accuracy, precision and compliance with standards.
Why Choose Pomerleau
- Competitive salary
- 4 weeks’ vacation
- Group insurance (including a health spending account!)
- Group RRSP
- Employer paid monthly public transit pass
- Fitness Membership or Activity Reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Exciting training opportunities
- Dynamic culture
- Exciting career opportunities
- Flexible hours
What are youwaiting for? Let’s build something extraordinary together. Apply now to join the team. We want to hear from you!
We thank allapplicants, but only those selected for further consideration will becontacted. Be sure to join our Talent Network to stay informed about alljob opportunities at Pomerleau.
Pomerleau Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Weare committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. During any stage of therecruitment and hiring process, accommodation for applicants with disabilitiesare available upon request.
View original article here Source