This is a rare opportunity to join an award-winning Canadian company, a leader in the field of Integrated System Solutions.
We are looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of Senior Accountant. We are proud that we are an equal opportunity employer.
– 5 years of full cycle accounting experience
– CPA designation
– Solid understanding of accounting principles
– analytical mind that can identify and resolve issues
– Time management skills to handle multiple tasks effectively and efficiently
– Leader and team player who brings a positive attitude to the workplace.
– proficient in QuickBooks
– proficient in Microsoft Excel
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills /good command of English
– Attention to detail, assertive and takes initiative
– Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) (considered asset)
– Must live in the Lower Mainland, BC
– Develop Accounting Department by implementing written process and procedures in accordance with Canadian accounting practices.
– Preparing monthly reconciliation of bank accounts, balance sheet, income statement accounts
– Posting journal entries, invoicing, and contract and vendor management
– Assist with processing accounts payable and/or receivable transactions
– Prepare and submit sale tax returns monthly
– Ensuring compliance and registration with necessary governing bodies relating to sales and payroll tax
– Troubleshooting and assisting other employees with accounting related inquiries
– Assist with preparation of annual working papers
– Ensure continuous quality improvement and compliance with financial policies and procedures, as well as internal controls
– Assist with other accounting projects as required
– Processing payroll for all employees
– Maintaining and updating payroll records and resolving any discrepancies
– Preparing various payroll reports
If this intrigues you, please send a cover letter and resume (must be in PDF format) describing yourself and how you might enhance our team. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
View original article here Source