You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine working in a place that brings out the best in you and helps others feel right at home. We provide an environment that balances independence with support. We customize our care, so that it’s right for our residents and their loved ones. A funny thing happens when we encourage our residents to engage and enjoy—we do the same. This is healthy living at its finest. Join us.
- Status: Part-Time
- Compensation: $35.67/hr
- Location: Holyrood Manor, 22710 Holyrood Ave, Maple Ridge, BC
- Must be registered with the CDBC
Assists the Manager to ensure effective overall functioning of the Food and Nutrition Services Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Approve the menu, assist in development of recipes, and implement food production controls.
- Complete nutritional assessments and nutritional care plans for all residents. Identify residents at nutritional risk and prioritize accordingly.
- Plan and monitor therapeutic diets, dietary restrictions and supplemental feedings to meet the specialized needs of residents. Maintain summary of visits and nutritional assessments/reviews.
- Should the physician require a therapeutic diet that is not on the current list of approved diets for the facility, and therefore for which corporate menus are not prepared, write cycle menus that meet the specifications of the diet ordered as well as the accepted menu procedures of the Department of Food and Nutrition Services.
- Monitor resident satisfaction with Food and Nutrition Services and respond to needs that may arise.
- Assist the Food Service Manager to ensure compliance with all legislation such pertinent to the management of the kitchen.
- Assist with development and ongoing implementation and maintenance of efficient, effective systems in Food and Nutrition Services.
- Complete required audits as outlined in the “Summary of Required Nutrition and Food Service Audit”.
- Act as advisor to the Food Service Manager.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Registered Dieticians? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
- Current professional registration with the College of Dietitians.
- Sound knowledge of geriatric nutrition care in the long-term care setting.
- A thorough knowledge of government legislation in the areas of long term care.
- A thorough knowledge of food service methods, materials and equipment used in quantity food preparation and serving.
- A sound knowledge of Food Service sanitary and safety standards.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff effectively.
- A general knowledge of government legislation in labour, health and safety, employment and human rights.
- An ability to work within budget guidelines.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Proof of immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening Test results may be required.**
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
Company DescriptionYou might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward! Job ID: 14559796
Compass Group Canada
View original article here Source