The future you want is within reach.
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We’re a community of builders committed to building better communities. That’s why we’re always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what’s next in our industry.
We’re also looking at what’s next for you and how we can help you build a career you’re proud of. We’re looking for experienced Project Managers for Kelowna.
As a Project Manager for our BC Region Kelowna office, you will contribute to our team by:
- Developing and implementing the project safety plan, leading by example for health and safety practices and procedures.
- Participating in estimates and working with trade contractors to secure new work.
- Ensuring the project is constructed per design, budget, quality, and schedule.
- Understanding client drivers and offering value engineering proposals for functionality, cost, and/or schedule benefit.
- Managing project performance, schedule and resources.
- Providing performance status reports for safety, cost forcast, and schedule.
- Performing weekly and monthly detailed project cost review; Labour Cost Reports (LCR) and Project Cost and Forecast (PCF) reports.
- Leading claims/dispute negotiations with owner and trade contractors.
- Managing all change orders, including negotiating, processing and assessing cost and schedule impact, including for more complex estimates.
- Developing and overseeing overall project closeout, including document archival, maintenance and warranty manuals, deficiencies and warranty work.
- Mentoring and coaching direct reports including onboarding and training of new employees.
What you will bring to the role:
- Postsecondary education or training in engineering, construction management, or a related discipline.
- 8-10 years of progressive construction experienc with leadership and mentoring preferred.
- 12 months of estimating or related exeprience preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of construction industry and company operations, including building materials, construction specifications, methods and procedures, and safety and quality management practices for more complex projects or scopes.
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize direct-report tasks for prompt execution.
- Ability to write and administer subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Experience with cost and change management, and, accounting principles and processes.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and internal operations systems: project management, scheduling, and estimating software.
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com with the position and location you are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let’s get started!
View original article here Source