Columbia Manufacturing Co. Ltd. is Canada’s largest manufacturer of residential and commercial skylights since 1955. Our long history and success are the result of smart engineering, product innovation, quality craftsmanship, and prompt, courteous service.
Our portfolio of products includes a comprehensive line of residential and commercial skylights utilized in large retail outlets, industrial warehouses, modular homes, all types of residential homes, and much more. Columbia Manufacturing owns and operates our manufacturing facility in Burnaby, British Columbia as well as a distribution centre and sales office in Mississauga, Ontario. Our Burnaby location is easy to get to and accessible by public transit. Read more about us at http://www.columbiaskylights.com.
Primarily responsible for working with our production team on a Monday-Friday shift from 6:30am-3:00pm to ensure quality products are manufactured. Some highlights of the role are listed below, but we are really looking for people who want to go beyond a list of duties to help us to maintain our industry reputation and grow our business. In return, you will be entitled to a Full Benefit Plan, including Health & Dental benefits, life insurance, LTD & AD&D after 3 months, with a starting rate of $16-19 per hour, based on your skills and experience. Some of the job perks include fully paid staff lunches monthly, Christmas bonuses, Christmas parties, gifts from Santa for employees’ children, and free parking. In addition, our plant is located next to a beautiful park on the Fraser River and contains skylights and lots of natural light.
This is a permanent full-time position working at a modern manufacturing plant in South Burnaby. We have many employees that have been with the company more than ten years! This is a permanent long term career position.
• Become familiar with the full cycle Production process
• Day to day running of production line
• Responsible for productivity and quality control for assigned production process
• Effective running of all relevant equipment, reporting any equipment defects to the appropriate supervisor
• Cross train in different positions to provide support and coverage, and variety
• Maintain an excellent level of cleanliness throughout the Production Plant environment
• Other duties as required by the Production Supervisor
• Ability to learn and work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
• Dependable and punctual
• Good English communication skills
• Physically fit – must be able to lift 50lbs
• Previous experience would be useful, but on the job training will be provided
$16 – $19 per hour to start, based on experience.
Join our Team!
If you or someone you know is looking to be a part of a great team and a place to develop your career, we encourage you to apply today. Interviews will begin immediately and we are looking to hire ASAP!
Please submit a resume by responding to this advertisement. We thank you for your interest, but only local candidates will be considered. While we thank all applicants for applying, we are looking for full-time permanent staff. We will also consider full time summer positions.
View original article here Source