Are you passionate about customer service? Do you have excellent organization and multitasking skills? We have a role you would be interested in!
We’re currently looking for a Switchboard Operator for our client in Downtown Vancouver. As a Switchboard Operator, you will be responsible for answering phone calls, reception duties, meeting room setup/take down, and various administration tasks as needed.
– Downtown Vancouver
– 12-month contract with strong potential to be extended
– Gain experience in a corporate setting
– Monday to Friday
– Hours of operation: 8:30am to 5:00pm
– No weekends
– Start date: ASAP
Workers placed through Randstad are eligible for preferred rates on health, dental, and life insurance. This Value-add program will provide a wide range of options to suit your needs
As a Switchboard Operator, you duties will be:
• Answering, screening and forwarding incoming calls using a computerized incoming phone system
• Processing cheques daily
• Opening and sorting Policy mail daily
• Performing other duties on a large team of service associates as required: servery, reception, administration duties, meeting room setup/take down
• Experience in customer facing role / customer service role (1-2 years’ experience)
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Professional appearance
• Solid communication skills both written and verbal
• Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
• Ability to organize, multitask, prioritize and work under pressure
• Ability to learn and adjust to new procedures
• High School Diploma or equivalent certification
• Health and safety certification (WHMIS)
If you are interested in the Switchboard Operator in Downtown Vancouver please apply online at www.randstad.ca. Qualified candidates will be contacted.
Randstad Canada is committed to fostering a workforce reflective of all peoples of Canada. As a result, we are committed to developing and implementing strategies to increase the equity, diversity and inclusion within the workplace by examining our internal policies, practices, and systems throughout the entire lifecycle of our workforce, including its recruitment, retention and advancement for all employees. In addition to our deep commitment to respecting human rights, we are dedicated to positive actions to affect change to ensure everyone has full participation in the workforce free from any barriers, systemic or otherwise, especially equity-seeking groups who are usually underrepresented in Canada’s workforce, including those who identify as women or non-binary/gender non-conforming; Indigenous or Aboriginal Peoples; persons with disabilities (visible or invisible) and; members of visible minorities, racialized groups and the LGBTQ2+ community.
Randstad Canada is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace for all its candidates and employees by supporting their accessibility and accommodation needs throughout the employment lifecycle. We ask that all job applications please identify any accommodation requirements by sending an email to email@example.com to ensure their ability to fully participate in the interview process.
View original article here Source