Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.8 million people in 20 diverse communities. Advance is Fraser Health’s largest multi-year program which seeks to improve the way Fraser Health delivers care and the way patients experience care for better outcomes. The project focuses on re-imagining the clinical workflows, enabled by the new Meditech Expanse platform and will impact over 30,000 staff and clinicians.
If you are looking to work within a program with highly skilled colleagues, making a difference in healthcare and patient outcomes, then this is your opportunity. This challenging and rewarding experience will demand your best and allow you to grow and contribute in a meaningful way to the success of the program, and to the community at large. Be part of the team that innovates the future of health care.
As a as a key member of the Advance program to support and manage the day-to-day operations of the Transformation Management Office (TMO) in support of the Advance Program, as well as, other future complex transformation projects. This position will play a pivotal role in ensuring the integration of project activities across the various teams to ensure disparate and cross-functional activities are brought together under a coordinated and integrated purview to support overall program timelines, scope and expected benefits. The role will be responsible for working closely with various project managers, domain leads and program leadership to provide oversight, guidance and compliance with TMO processes associated with reporting, risk and issues management and schedule alignment.
The role will:
- Lead, develop and manage the Advance Master Project Plan (Schedule and Scope in close partnership with each of the workstream and sub-project PMs to adjust, monitor and effectively manage risks and issues using the concepts of dynamic scheduling.
- Risk and Issues Management, pro-actively monitor, manage and ensure risks and issues are effectively resolved and/or escalated in a timely manner with clear mitigation pathways. Work closely with the various project managers and domain leads to ensure they are actively identifying, escalating and effectively resolving issues and risks in a timely manner.
- Lead, develop and actively monitor metrics to monitor, report and adjust TMO activities aligned with the key milestones of the Advance Program.
- Quality Assurance (QA) reviews will be an integral part of this role with the ability to work in collaboration with the project managers to ensure they are providing meaningful reports, effective risk and issues management and compliance to TMO project controls and processes.
- Portfolio Management ensure alignment across multiple, concurrent but inter-dependent sub-projects associated with Advance to ensure alignment of schedule, scope and sequencing of activities, as well as, resources
- Vendor and Contract Management – working closely with the Vendor and Contract Management, Sr. Project Manager to ensure alignment between project needs feed into the Vendor and Contract Life-Cycle to ensure the appropriate resources are sourced to meet the needs of large, complex transformation projects based on the needs of the Advance Program.
You will have a direct report into the Director, Transformation Management Office (“TMO”) but work closely with all the various project managers and domain leads to ensure program integration across teams and activities to create a single purview (enterprise) of the progress of the Advance Program against the Master Project Plan.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This role requires an individual who has worked on large, complex, and multi-stakeholder transformation technology implementation projects with a focus on hospital information system (HIS) in the health care sector, as part of their Transformation Management Office (or Project Management Office”), providing oversight across multiple project managers and domain leads. The following is not exhaustive but illustrates the work-package breakdown of key accountabilities for the Program and Portfolio Management associated with the Transformation Management Office.
CORE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE (MUST HAVE):
- Experience working in a Transformation Management Office or Mature Project Management Office, supporting large, complex EHR implementations;
- Strong written and oral communication in a business environment (no exceptions)
- Experience utilizing dynamic scheduling concepts in project management to work within a fluid environment
- Experience leading and ensuring integration of project and program activities across teams;
- Extremely organized and able to coordinate across teams (Mandatory)
- Experience working with Project Management tools (Jira, ServiceNow ITBM, Smartsheet, MS Project, etc… )
- Able to pro-actively and intuitively resolve issues
- Leadership and management skills to guide and motivate other staff to assist on communications activities
- Self motivated, problem solver and critical thinker
- Collaborative and able to work with diverse stakeholder groups at all levels of an organization
- Effective risk and issues resolution.
You will be able to provide critical oversight with an eye to detail and the ability to ensure compliance with processes while progressing activities.
To join our team, we will look for you to have:
- Bachelor”s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline.
- Plus (10) ten years of recent, related managerial experience in an information technology and/information management field within a large, complex organization.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
We will give preferences to those who have experience and a solid track record in the following areas:
- Preference for Master’s Level prepared with over 8 years of project management and execution experience.
- Preference for Project Managers with Dynamic Scheduling experience.
- Healthcare experience is an asset
- Experience with Project Management Tools is an asset
This is a Temporary Full Time 3 year term role and is based out of Central City Tower, Surrey BC.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, here are more reasons why you should apply:
- A career that offers you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with health care providers who are excellent in their respective fields.
- Phenomenal opportunities for support and management roles are available as you advance within the organization.
- Competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
- A chance to create a difference in the world of health care.
Take ownership for your own performance and seek to model integrity, resilience and confidence! We are passionate about building an engaging environment that supports and challenges others to achieve their goals. Join us in this outstanding opportunity!
We value diversity in the work force and maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
Find out what it’s like to work here. Like us on Facebook (@fraserhealthcareers) follow us on Twitter & Instagram (@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights.
Job ID: 25471690
View original article here Source