LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE – 1 year Maternity Leave – $35 p/h
Amica on the Gorge, Victoria
Day Shift – Monday – Friday 7am-3pm – Start June 23rd 2023
Amica Senior Lifestyles is setting a new standard for senior living in Canada by combining unparalleled premium hospitality and amenities with expert care and support to deliver a personalized senior living experience. Committed to enriching the lives of seniors now and as their needs change, Amica offers Independent Living (IL), Assisted Living (AL) and Memory Care (MC) lifestyle options. Established in 1996, the company owns and operates over 30 residences in British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario, with plans to continue expansion in select markets.
A day in the life of a Licensed Practical Nurse:
Under the direction of the Director of Wellness, you will provide direct, hands on nursing care to residents, including providing guidance to residents in the provision of activities of daily living and programs developed to enhance the psychological, social and recreational needs of Residents.
How do I qualify?
You must have:
- Current registration and good standing with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of British Columbia or the College of Licensed Practical Nurses Alberta
- Current CPR/ AED and Standard First Aid certification
- Minimum 1 year recent experience working with geriatrics, long-term care, Assisted Living environment required
What we are looking for:
- Good oral, verbal and written communication skills – English is essential
- Effectively deal with others including coworkers, residents and families
- Respects each resident as an individual and is aware of his/her need for self-respect, privacy, and the right to share in decisions about his/her care
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to critically think and problem solve
- Ability to effectively organize workload
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Ability to operate computers at a basic level
- Has knowledge of professional accountability with provincial regulatory college
- Is competent in the provision of skilled nursing services according to practice scope
- Ability to self recertify on expiration of both CPR/AED and Standard First Aid certificates
- Maintains current knowledge in Gerontology annually through ongoing education (Training, workshops, certificate programs etc.)
Position Vacant Until Filled
At Amica Senior Lifestyles we are passionate about working together in a supportive and inclusive environment that fosters innovation and turns ideas into action. We remain committed to creating workplaces that reflect the communities in which we operate. We are actively seeking applicants from all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, Black, Indigenous, racialized people, and persons with disabilities and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for our positions.
Amica Senior Lifestyles recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, team members and visitors from COVID-19. Effective October 2021, a condition of employment is requiring that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Amica Senior Lifestyles
View original article here Source