Are you an experienced Junior Business Systems Analyst in search of your next contract opportunity? Our high-profile client is seeking to hire a Junior Business Systems Analyst to join their talented team on a 6-month contract with a strong probability of extension. Apply to this amazing Junior Business Systems Analyst opportunity today!
What’s in it for you!
As a Junior Business Systems Analyst with our client, you’ll receive:
– Highly competitive market hourly rates
– A 6-month contract with a strong probability of extension
– Remote interview process
What will you do?
– Document business, functional, stakeholder requirements
– Analyze data and perform basic data modeling under supervision
– Manipulate Excel or CSV flat files and database exports, build and analyze pivot tables, combine multiple data sets, or normalize data
Data analysis skills:
– Basic Microsoft Excel skills; nice to have expertise in advanced functionality and formulas
– Basic SQL skills and ability to query relational database tables
– Ability to manipulate and analyze large datasets
– Experience with or understanding of data specifications and data transformation documentation intended for implementation by data engineers
Nice to have statistical skills
Business analysis skills:
– Experience with or understanding of fundamental business analysis concepts: business needs, business requirements, functional and technical requirements
– Experience with or understanding how to translate business needs into business requirements, and then into technical and functional requirements, and how to communicate to developers and software engineers
– Nice to have work or school project experience that includes participating in requirements gathering workshops, sessions, interviews, document analysis, job shadowing, requirements validation, liaising or assisting with business and technical stakeholder engagement
– Knowledge of, and preferably hands-on experience with, Business Analysis artifacts
– Experience with Microsoft Visio, draw.io, UML, BPMN or other diagramming tools and notations is a strong asset. You might be asked to work on business process diagrams/models / flows
– Understanding of process improvement concepts: AS-IS state, bottleneck, the opportunity for Improvement, and TO-BE state
– Nice to have experience with Atlassian Confluence and JIRA
– Nice to have experience with different types of issues in JIRA, e.g.: user stories, tasks, spikes
Technical writing skills:
– Must be able to write business requirements and technical specifications in clear and concise manner
– Use clear language, form grammatically correct sentences, including relevant information only and not overloading written artifacts with unnecessary details
– Ability to present and explain what was written to business stakeholders or technical team
Advanced and special skills:
– High-level knowledge of integration architecture patterns is strongly preferred
– Nice to have an understanding or having worked in a team using iterative project management practices: Agile, SCRUM, SAFe
– Nice to have knowledge and understanding or exposure to Master Data management, metadata, data stewardship, data definitions writing, Data Governance.
– Must have attention to detail, a very friendly attitude, and a very open mind (just kidding, can be removed)
– Knowledge and experience with any other business systems analysis tools and techniques not listed above are welcome!
If you are a Junior Business Systems Analyst and the prospect of joining a dedicated team intrigues you, then this role with our high-profile client could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Please contact Keith Byrne with your resume at:
For more information, or click the Apply button now
View original article here Source