We are Pomerleau. And you could be too.
Pomerleau is recognized as one of Canada’s leaders in theconstruction industry, in the institutional, commercial, industrial and civilengineering sectors. Clients benefit from our expertise as general contractor,construction manager, project manager and design-builder.
Pomerleau believes in delivering excellence. Every Pomerleau employee upholdsthis value, leading to the achievement of superior results in every sectorwhere we do business. Pomerleau: proud individuals who share a vision and arepassionate about what they do.
What YOU Will Do
- Put your knowledge of Pomerleau’s Health and Safety program to work through advisement, mentorship and assistance with project teams to ensure companywide compliance;
- Demonstrate leadership in Health & Safety on the project. Effectively apply the requirements of the project specific safety standards to promote Pomerleau’s H&S standards, applicable OH&S Acts, Regulations and Codes with all employees and trade partners on the project;
- Jump right in from project start-up to assist with the development of construction plans, kick-off meetings and hazard identification;
- Get active and out on our construction sites to conduct regular site inspections;
- Be the lead of incident investigations by taking a closer look at the investigation requirements and associated high risk elements while keeping the lines of communication open with your Regional Manager of Health and Safety;
- Promote the idea of thinking ahead and utilizing our prevention program;
- Take pride in monitoring, auditing and support to ensure Project Safety Plan compliance while always looking for opportunities to improve safety performance;
- Confidently order work stoppages as required alongside the creation of a plan of correction;
- Share your knowledge and be a role model by providing Health and Safety training and coaching opportunities;
- Utilize and support emergency response for projects;
- Effectively compile project Health and Safety statistics monthly;
- Celebrate project success and completion and be a key member of the project wrap-up process.
What YOU Will Bring
- 3+ years’ experience in the construction industry and health and safety management on construction projects (experience on medium to large projects is preferred!);
- A University Degree or College Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety and/or Risk Management or a combination of education and industry experience;
- A minimum of NCSO designation would be considered an asset;
- Experience with Certificate of Recognition (COR) and Safety Group (IHSA);
- Outstanding leadership, coaching and interpersonal skills are essential;
- A dynamic and creative approach with a flair for being proactive and applying good judgement techniques in all situations;
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written;
- Good computer skills are a must;
- Knowledge of the market.
Why Choose Pomerleau
- Competitive salary
- 4 weeks’ vacation
- Group insurance (including a health spending account!)
- Group RRSP
- Employer paid monthly public transit pass
- Fitness Membership or Activity Reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Exciting training opportunities
- Dynamic culture
- Exciting career opportunities
- Summer hours
What are youwaiting for? Let’s build something extraordinary together. Apply now to join the team. We want to hear from you!
We thank allapplicants, but only those selected for further consideration will becontacted. Be sure to join our Talent Network to stay informed about alljob opportunities at Pomerleau.
Pomerleau Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Weare committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. During any stage of therecruitment and hiring process, accommodation for applicants with disabilitiesare available upon request.
View original article here Source