The Health & Safety Specialist is responsible for overseeing and supporting the plants/yards from a health and safety standpoint and ensuring that they are in compliance with company, client and government legislation. The incumbent’s goal is to promote a safety culture throughout the region by demonstrating positive leadership and offering balanced safety forward solutions to Operations issues, this is a hands-on safety role in operations.
-Permanent 18 months contract
-Health and Dental Beneifts
-Opportunity for long term
▪ Ensures that safety standards are maintained, tracking/investigating accidents and compiling statistics.
▪ Responsible for onboarding for new hires, training, and organization required to ensure that the training meets the company standards.
▪ Co-Chairs safety committees for the plants and yards within their assigned region. Responsible for maintaining records of all safety meeting minutes.
▪ Maintains and manages the hazard assessment and associated JHA/SOP program for all Plants in his/her region.
▪ Audits and inspects all plants by conducting Safety Walkthroughs, inspections and employee interviews in accordance with Safety policies and procedures.
▪ Maintains and updates the Lock Out/Tag Out (LOTO) program for all plants/yards within the assigned region.
▪ Identifies, coordinates and facilitates training for safety committee members and supervisors.
▪ Responsible for facilitating Workplace Harassment and Bullying training for all plants/yards in his/her region.
▪ Observes and advises Plant Management and workers on safe work practices and job procedures.
▪ Maintains and updates the safety manuals at all regional plants/yards.
▪ Assists with project and job site activities related to health and safety.
▪ Monitors changes in Workers Compensation Board regulations for provinces in his/her region. Responsible for communicating changes to the plants/yards.
▪ Supports Human Resources and Plant Managers in monitoring and responding to outstanding Workers Compensation Board claims while providing plant updates when and if required.
▪ Maintains and updates Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for all plants/yards within the assigned region.
▪ Responsible and accountable for supporting operations in terms of safety meetings, and safety talks, developing and managing various programs, procedures and standards.
▪ Inspect, audit and evaluate health and safety programs, workplace conditions, equipment and practices.
▪ Attends various training sessions and seminars that are Safety related.
▪ Performs other duties as assigned.
▪ Minimum 5 years of Health and Safety experience in experience in a manufacturing environment
▪ Strong understanding of federal and provincial health & safety regulations
▪ Excellent written communication skills (reporting, compiling information etc.)
▪ Effective interpersonal and Leadership skills
▪ Able to handle stress and multiple projects simultaneously
▪ Good analytical skills
▪ Excellent team player
▪ Proactive and autonomous
▪ Intermediate Computer skills (Microsoft Office suite)
▪ Knowledge of the wood treating industry, an asset
▪ Comfortable with public speaking
Please apply directly or share your resume with the job title in the subject line at the email@example.com
Randstad Canada is committed to fostering a workforce reflective of all peoples of Canada. As a result, we are committed to developing and implementing strategies to increase the equity, diversity and inclusion within the workplace by examining our internal policies, practices, and systems throughout the entire lifecycle of our workforce, including its recruitment, retention and advancement for all employees. In addition to our deep commitment to respecting human rights, we are dedicated to positive actions to affect change to ensure everyone has full participation in the workforce free from any barriers, systemic or otherwise, especially equity-seeking groups who are usually underrepresented in Canada’s workforce, including those who identify as women or non-binary/gender non-conforming; Indigenous or Aboriginal Peoples; persons with disabilities (visible or invisible) and; members of visible minorities, racialized groups and the LGBTQ2+ community.
Randstad Canada is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace for all its candidates and employees by supporting their accessibility and accommodation needs throughout the employment lifecycle. We ask that all job applications please identify any accommodation requirements by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure their ability to fully participate in the interview process.
View original article here Source