The front end is the last opportunity we have to thank our customers and show them we appreciate their business. The Head Cashier is accountable to ensure this occurs by carrying out the responsibilities listed in this description as well as holding the Front End associates accountable to effectively carry out their duties and responsibilities.
We’re looking for the type of associates who can tap into their inner orange. Overseeing work activity within his/her department, motivating the team to consistently demonstrate Customer FIRST behaviours.
- Driving awareness of current promotions by providing Front End associates with promotion locations so they can effectively direct customers , communicating store and Home Depot objectives to associates
- Training and supervising Cashiers (including cashiers in all remote cashier locations) and Lot Associates
- Setting clear performance expectations as well as providing on the job feedback
- Providing outstanding service to both external and internal Customers by ensuring efficient Front End and Remote Cashier operations
- Handling customer complaints in a professional manner
- Providing a safe working and shopping environment by following all safety policies & standards
- Completing specified safety training, immediately correcting hazards ; unsafe conditions or reporting conditions to the Manager On Duty, and working safely as not to endanger themselves, co-workers, vendors, or customers
Experience/Knowledge Required: The kind of orange we are looking for will possess: Minimum time in position and performance management code requirements of V2 (or P3 in previous system)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends Excellent communication skills and customer service skills
- Knowledge of all policies, procedures and duties related to customer transactions, cash handling, the service desk and lot
- 1 year of supervisory experience
- Excellent decision making ability and problem solving skills
The Home Depot Canada
View original article here Source