POSITION PURPOSE: The Freight Lead will assist the Freight Team Supervisor in overseeing operations of the Freight Team. They will provide outstanding service to Customers and drive the sales and profitability of the store. Freight Leads are responsible for receiving product into the store and ensuring “Grand Opening Day Readiness” each day. They meet this goal by unloading and inspecting the quantity and quality of merchandise, stocking shelves, organizing aisles and overheads, building end caps and staging merchandise for promotions. With direction from the Department Supervisor, the Freight Lead ensures the receipt of all products into the store, entering of information about these products into the store’s computer system, execution of inventory management and pack-down and as directed or needed pack-out. Freight Leads ensure merchandise is received, sorted, and staged within the store using safe and correct procedures from Distribution Centres, Less Than Truckload carriers, Parcel Carriers and directly from vendors. The Freight Lead must have a thorough knowledge of Home Depot’s Handling Hazardous Materials program and will be responsible for the completion of all required Handling Hazardous Material tasks. Freight Leads, along with Freight Associates are responsible for ensuring receiving is clean, organized and clear of pallets and trash. Under the direction of the Freight Supervisor, Freight Leads will direct the activities of Freight associates. Freight Leads must have excellent communication skills and keep associates motivated by leading by example. Freight leads customarily work flexible schedules, requiring availability and shifts could be scheduled on any day of the week.
• Walk Department from the Customer Experience perspective daily, ensuring Grand Opening Day readiness, ad execution (per Playbook) and flyer readiness.
• Ensure all Home Depot Standard Operating Procedures and policies in the Code of Conduct are communicated and adhered to by Associates.
• Responsible for overseeing work activity within department of responsibility when required
• Motivate Freight team Associates and assist with their development. Ensure all product from receiving area is brought out onto sales floor and in the correct bay and aisle, staged and ready for pack out.
• Ensure all overheads are neatly and safely organized
• Stock shelves to achieve 100% in-stock and overhead organizational plans, maintain aisle cleanliness and shoppability and signage in coordination with internal partners
• Fulfill the duties of a Freight Associate when required by business needs.
• Maintain cleanliness and ensure all trash / pallets are removed from receiving.
• Develop and maintain strong business partnerships with internal and external partners to ensure that merchandise is optimally staged, ordering issues are promptly addressed, etc.
• Manage clearance product, ensure damaged merchandise is identified and handled appropriately and complete negative on-hand investigations
• Prepare for yearly inventory
• Train D38 Freight Associates to complete all job responsibilities and tasks, acquire required product and departmental knowledge, and to deliver on customer service commitments.
• Provide supplemental support to secondary departments as necessary and cooperate with Associates, Supervisors and Managers, and complete work activities as assigned.
• Under the guidance of the Freight Supervisor, manage Associate’s performance and provide input regarding performance appraisals, professional development and promotion of associates.
• Ensure that all Asset Protection standards and protocols are clearly communicated and followed, training is completed, proper PPE is available and used, and ensure a safe and clean working and shopping environment is maintained and Associates are held accountable to address unsafe work or customer practices
• Ensures that aisles and walking surfaces are safe.
• May be asked to represent the store as a key carrying/manager-on-duty (e.g., opening and closing store, signing for deliveries and price reductions, handling store level complaints in person or over phone)
• Adhere to work schedule, and follow all work and safety policies and support guidelines outlined in the Standards of Performance.
• Must fulfill minimum time-in-position and performance management code requirements of V2
• Ability to lift up to fifty pounds repetitively
• Lift equipment licensed, preferred
• Detail-oriented; able to work independently and as part of a team; self-motivated to drive completion of tasks as quickly and accurately as possible; able to work a flexible schedule
View original article here Source