Our showroom sells flooring, gives estimates and provides installation. We primarily operate through contracts and retail transactions after guiding customers in store. We sell: engineered hardwood, vinyl, laminate and carpet / area rugs .
Ideal candidate is looking for career in estimating flooring & sales by starting in the showroom to generate leads by learning our products, typical customers (challenges/solutions) and then longterm will evolve into an estimator that measures on site, quotes basic estimates, closes contracts. This is not a high turnover job or company. It’s important to be inquisitive, work well in a team of 5, take pleasure in helping people and have experience problem solving.
• 2-5 years experience (though trainability equally important)
• Construction, Sales, Manufacturing, Estimating (or related) experience to understand (site preparation, different material properties, jobsite planning, basic logistics, answering scenarios)
• Interested in learning product surfaces (hardwood, vinyl, laminate, carpet – underlay)
• Interested in (benefits/consequences/trade-offs)
• Able to lift empty pallets, carpet in teams of 2, and use a pallet jack
• Comfortable on site and in store with customers. (Patience, Listening, and Personality).
• Negotiating experience an asset, not only pricing but with customers and coworkers
• Able to handle both ‘high and low rush’ business cycles. Foot traffic varies. Job is year round.
• Good and fair communicator, someone who lets the team know impending tasks, scheduling, inventory
• Helping customers find correct products and answering questions
• Restocking and signing out samples
• Analyzing customer needs as they transition from old flooring to a ‘new flooring system’
• Negotiating square foot prices based on customer volume and material quality
• Able and comfortable (willing to learn) filling out basic excel/.word sheets for quotes (windows)
• Offloading pallets and carpets in teams and individually, upon deliveries
• Stock checking suppliers over the phone
• Replying and conducting install requests over email in organized, prompt, professional matter
• loading up rolls of underlay for inventory monthly / helping installers load carpet
After Training Duties
• In time, being able to go on site and measure homes for estimates
• Drawing carpet diagrams for stock and price efficiency + estimates
• Estimate project costs and unit prices
• Be great interested customers, working in groups, and be organized
• Be adaptable for 10% of unforeseen circumstances and duties like handling returns, resolving satisfaction
• Regular business hours 930am to 6pm. We show up on time – we go home on time.
• Free coffee and tea, microwave, fridge, 2 bathrooms, free parking everyday
– We like capable, and we also like Trainable
– Long-term relationship prioritized
Website / Info
View original article here Source