Experienced Network Cable Technician

  Vancouver

We are looking for experienced field technicians to provide technical expertise in Structured Cabling Infrastructure installations. Your typical day would be 80% pulling data cable with the remaining 20% consisting of office communications, confirming project requirements, site visits and tracking work completed. Tasks may include:
Responsibilities:
• Establishing voice and data networks: pulling, terminating, and splicing cables.
• Pull and fish cable through conduit, ceilings, walls, and other building environments.
• Installing telecommunications equipment, patch panels, access points, programming features, establishing connections and integrations.
• Document network by labeling equipment and cables (recording configuration diagrams and specifications).
• Maintaining network by troubleshooting and repairing outages, testing network back-up procedures, and updating documentation.
• Verifying service by testing circuits, networks equipment, identifying, correcting, or escalating problems.
• Maintaining a clean and safe work environment by following codes, standards, and legal regulations.
• Accountable for ensuring all prepared time sheets and expense reports are accurate and submitted on time.

Requirements:
• Experience pulling, terminating, and testing cat5e, Cat6, Coax and fiber optic cables.
• Experience installing other cabling infrastructure (racks, cabinets, etc.).
• Experience installing other low voltage systems (CCTV, access control, AV, wireless, unified communication).
• Valid Driver’s License with clean abstract and no restrictions.
• Diploma in cabling/telecommunication an asset.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with keen attention to detail.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• High Level of Professionalism and Excellent Customer Service Skills.
• Certifications are an asset – Lift Ticket, Working at Heights, WHMIS.
• Must provide a satisfactory criminal background certificate.
• Be self-motivated, have a proactive approach to problem solving and a have genuine desire to help.

About Us
TBD Telecom By Design Inc. is comprised of seasoned professionals. We specialize in:
• Installation and Service of Telecom Communications Systems
• Structured Network Cabling Installation
• Testing and Terminating of Cables
• VoIP Telephone Systems and Hybrid Telephone Systems
TBD Telecom By Design Inc. was established in 2008. TBD Telecom By Design Inc. is a full-service, ICI telecommunications company offering hardware, software and hosted telecom solutions. Headquartered in Toronto, ON. TBD Telecom By Design Inc. has expanded to provide service to clients in Ontario, Nova Scotia, British Columbia, Alberta, and Quebec.

Some of the specific areas we focus on are: Structured Cabling, Data & Voice Cabling, Fiber Optic Cabling, Site Audits, Cabling Design, Cable Management, Abandoned Cable Removal, Surveillance Camera Installation, Point-of-Sale Machines, and devices specific to retail environments.
TBD Telecom By Design Inc. holds the safety of its employees and clients to the highest regards, providing what is necessary to protect them against Covid-19 with the proper Health Professionals recommended PPE.

We offer:
Our organization offers Safety training, Health Benefits including Dental, Vision and an Employee Assistance Program.

View original article here Source