Thermo Design Insulation (TDI) Ltd. is a specialty trade contractor whose core business is the supply and installation of insulated metal panels and specialty doors for commercial/industrial and specialty architectural applications, cooler and freezer enclosures, cold storage warehouses, refrigerated grocery distribution facilities and food processing plants.
TDI is seeking a full-time employee for the position of Junior Foreman; Cladding/Misc. Metals. Technical training and/or work experience with installation of insulated metal panel systems (wall/ceiling/roof and related accessories), cladding and sheet metal products required. This position will include installation of insulated metal panels, cladding and metal wall systems for which specific training shall be provided.
Minimum 2 years in the construction field is mandatory. Previous experience with cladding, ACM, misc. metals as well as finishing work including application of caulking and other sealants, installation of sheet metal trim flashings, fasteners, cold storage door systems and use of power tools needed.
Equipment operator training for forklift, aerial lift, fall protection and first aid for industry, WHMIS would be beneficial but not mandatory. Equipment and safety training shall be provided.
The candidate must be physically fit as the position involves both heavy and light lifting of insulated metal panels.
In addition to the ability to perform the work required, the successful candidate must also possess the following:
– valid BC driver’s license and personal vehicle
– ability to read and write in the English language
– basic mathematic skills (i.e. addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, quantification, calculation of area, lineal footage, etc.)
– ability to read and interpret the following documents: assembly instructions, specifications, blueprints, drawings, and construction details
– ability to measure length, width and height with standard tape measure and laser measuring device
– strong communication and leadership skills
– self-motivation, organization, good problem-solving skills and the ability to work alone without supervision
– good interpersonal skills including working well with fellow employees and interacting with TDI’s customer base
– aptitude to learn quickly all of the abilities and tasks listed herein that the candidate may not possess when beginning the new position with TDI
– keen attention to detail and observation; detail-oriented in general
– excellent finishing skills with respect to application of sealants and caulking, door trims, sheet metal trim flashings, gasketing, fasteners, etc.
Remuneration: Hourly wage of $25-30/hr. Negotiable based on experience. Benefits offered through Merit Contractors Association Benefits Plan.
Reliable transportation is a must as job sites are located across the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley.
View original article here Source