Fraser Health Authority is growing; the kind of growth you want to be a part of. Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.We want you to join us in our growth as you maximize, improve and expand your skills.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC’s first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities – all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable places to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We are proud of the innovation, dedication, integrity and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it’s our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
Do you have a broad knowledge of clinical services and equipment used in healthcare? Are you highly competent in MS excel with a good understanding of databases? If so, bring your comprehensive knowledge of the health care industry in delivery systems, project management, and analytical thinking and evaluation skills to develop, review, and refine project equipment lists, and coordinate the procurement and commissioning of equipment to complete the project.
As an Equipment Planner for Facilities Management, your work will include the following:
- Collaborate with project planning teams to develop and finalize equipment lists for the implementation phase of capital projects.
- Organize and chair structured, productive meetings with project leaders, working groups, and clinical committees.
- Review the equipment budget planning and forecasting responsibilities, including project requirements.
- Develop strategies and processes to manage and minimize the organization’s contractual and technical risk.
- Develop specifications, details and transfer analysis of all clinical equipment requirements.
- Contribute to integrated project timeline and ensure activities and cost targets are adhered to by working with user groups to complete assigned target dates.
- Prepare and present detailed work plans and regular status reports to project teams and leadership. You will also identify and report equipment and equipment-related problems or deviations.
- Work with project team and procurement agents to develop detailed procurement strategies and schedules aligned with construction schedule and budget.
- Develop and implement equipment delivery, installation and commissioning plan once construction is complete.
- Conduct research to ensure evidence-based information is provided throughout the project planning processes to identify and resolve critical path issues and to develop appropriate means to resolve these path issues.
Our Equipment Planning team digs into the details, requiring long periods of intense focus and attention to detail. Your core responsibilities are guided by critical schedules and deadlines’, so functioning effectively under pressure is key. All members of the Equipment Planning team seek to improve processes to deliver greater accuracy more efficiently.
Are you motivated to join our team? We will be looking for you to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering, clinical engineering, biomedical technology, or health technology
- 5 to 7 years’ recent, related experience with complex medical equipment
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with MS Project, Visio, and Access is an asset
- Project Management training or demonstrated knowledge of the domain is an asset
This is a regular full-time position and you will be based at Royal Columbian Hospital in New Westminster, BC.
We offer you the opportunity to be a part of a dedicated team of Facilities Management professionals in a dynamic, forward-thinking and rewarding health care environment. The technical experience and expertise you bring to this role will not only enhance and improve the strength of the Facilities Management team but will also help make a huge impact.
Are you passionate about building an engaging environment that supports and challenges others to achieve their goals? If so, we encourage you to apply today and take the next step in your career so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve. We value diversity in the work force and aim to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
Job ID: 14649288
View original article here Source