• The E4 – Engineer is a professional engineer or geoscientist who applies engineering knowledge to provide engineering, estimating, planning, and quality management services for medium complexity projects and/or operations safely, with quality, within budget, and on time.
Structural designer for transmission overhead line and telecommunication antenna supporting structures.
Well established company
working with highly experienced team members
This role requires demonstrated experience with the design of structures for Overhead – lines and associated facilities for operating voltages from 60kV to 500kV in an electric utility environment, as well as design of telecommunication towers.
• Prepare project documentation and deliverables in accordance with BC Hydro project and Engineering Design Practices (i.e. evaluation reports, specifications, proposals, estimates, design basis, calculations, hazard logs, test plans).
• Prepare design work packages including scope, duration, and level of effort estimates.
• Prepare signed and sealed engineering deliverables as a Professional of Record (PoR) in accordance with EGBC and BC Hydro Design Practices.
• Provide technical assistance and construction support in the field, and undertake field reviews as required by EGBC.
• Prepare designs for existing and new facilities.
• Undertake structural design, analysis, and detailing of Overhead – line structures using modelling software.
• Undertake structural design, analysis, and detailing of telecommunication structures using modelling software.
• Prepare designs, drawings, and bill of material for various Overhead – structures types (rigid and guyed) such as single and multiple pole structures, lattice; various structure configurations; structure materials such as steel, timber, aluminum, and composites.
• Prepare designs and apply loads and design criteria in accordance with regulatory and industry standards.
• Undertake seismic analysis and design to regulatory and industry standards.
• Consider associated and related civil, mechanical, and electrical systems in design, such as right of way use, foundation connections, lightening protection, phase separation, conductor types such as aluminum and steel, copper, and composites, conductor hardware assemblies, single and bundled conductors, various related hardware guy assemblies, insulators.
• Provide technical guidance and review of designs prepared by others following established practices.
• Manage design tasks including scope, schedule, and cost.
• Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or Professional Geoscientist (P.Geo.) with Engineers & Geoscientists BC or with another jurisdiction and eligible for registration as such with Engineers & Geoscientists BC
• BC Hydro uses a Digital Sign and Seal Technology. You may be required to subscribe to a digital seal technology service offered by Notarius
• Intermediate English skills for professional environment, written and spoken
• Familiarity with CAD systems and drawing standards
• Ability to use standard industry design/analysis software
• Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
The Structural Engineer will have extensive experience in transmission line supporting structure design, as well as specialized experience in telecommunication antenna supporting structure design. The consultant’s responsibilities include but not limited to design of new supporting structures, structural assessment of supporting structures, determination of structural adequacy of supporting structures for revised loadings, identification of structural deficiencies resulting from the revised loadings and complete designs for reinforcement of the existing supporting structures.
View original article here Source