We are Pomerleau. And you could be too.
Pomerleau is recognized as one of Canada’s leaders in theconstruction industry, in the institutional, commercial, industrial and civilengineering sectors. Clients benefit from our expertise as general contractor,construction manager, project manager and design-builder.
Pomerleau believes in delivering excellence. Every Pomerleau employee upholdsthis value, leading to the achievement of superior results in every sectorwhere we do business. Pomerleau: proud individuals who share a vision and arepassionate about what they do.
What YOU Will Do
- Put your research skills to work and provide a thorough review of project documentation including design requirements;
- Play a key role in the management of design and design consultants in design-build and P3 projects in both proposal and execution phases;
- Develop and implement design procedures, ensuring quality and conformity to client’s requirements and applicable norms;
- Get creative and lead on value engineering and optimization processes to put together winning design strategies;
- Work closely with method engineers, construction department and technical experts to create winning designs that are buildable, safe, efficient and sustainable;
- Collaborate and support our estimation team by providing suitable designs and technical information to estimate the project and tracking quantity movements during design development;
- Put your organizational and time management skills to the test through managing design planning, monitoring and closing;
- Team up with our proposal and project teams for the development of proposal submissions, design presentations and design review submissions;
- Celebrate the successes and be a key member of the project processes.
What YOU Will Bring
- Preference for minimum 10 years of experience including at least 5 years in a similar role on large scale civil and infrastructure projects;
Member of a professional regulating body (PE);
- Experience in establishment of concepts and management of multidisciplinary design teams;
- Initiative, innovation, discipline and leadership in the planning and delivery of designs;
- Strong knowledge of construction, project management and scheduling;
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills with the ability to effectively influence others;
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written);
- Strategic thinking and the ability to be influential with internal and external stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes;
- Familiar with Building Information Modeling-Virtual Design Construction (BIM-VDC) models;
- Solution-oriented mindset and the ability to mobilize people.
Why Choose Pomerleau
- Competitive salary
- 4 weeks’ vacation
- Group insurance (including a health spending account!)
- Group RRSP
- Employer paid monthly public transit pass
- Fitness Membership or Activity Reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Exciting training opportunities
- Dynamic culture
- Exciting career opportunities
- Summer hours
What are youwaiting for? Let’s build something extraordinary together. Apply now to join the team. We want to hear from you!
We thank allapplicants, but only those selected for further consideration will becontacted. Be sure to join our Talent Network to stay informed about alljob opportunities at Pomerleau.
Pomerleau Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Weare committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. During any stage of therecruitment and hiring process, accommodation for applicants with disabilitiesare available upon request.
View original article here Source