CUSTODIAN – CASUAL/ON-CALL
WHO WE ARE:
From coastal beaches to mountain forests, North Vancouver School District – “the natural place to learn” – provides world-class instruction and a rich diversity of engaging programs to inspire success for every student. Our 25 elementary and 7 secondary schools, 2600 staff and 16,000 students offer a safe and nurturing environment based on trust, respect, responsibility and collaboration. We are looking for enthusiastic and positive individuals to learn, share and grow with us in “the natural place to work.”
The Custodian On-Call plays an essential role in Service Operations by keeping our schools clean, safe and well maintained by:
• Providing routine janitorial and custodial tasks, including cleaning, waxing hallways and stairs
• Securing the school at night and ensuring adequate heat and light
• For non-routine problems and emergencies, you will refer to a supervisor who may call upon you to shut off water unplug sinks, toilets and drains as well as perform minor repairs
• Assist students, staff and the public as appropriate by locking or unlocking rooms, moving furniture or equipment and providing facility information
• Assist with and maintain the recycling program
WHAT WE REQUIRE:
Working knowledge of the methods, materials and equipment needed for high standard janitorial and custodial services:
• Sufficient knowledge of facilities and systems to safely respond to an emergency
• English fluency that allows you to understand and carry out oral or written instructions
• Building Service Worker Certificate (BSW) is not required; however, it is considered an asset
• Ability to work effectively with students, staff and the public
• Up to three months’ related work experience in janitorial services and building maintenance operations is preferred
This is a casual, on-call, unionized position and the current rate of pay is $23.92/hour, plus 14% in lieu of benefits. Hours of work are from either 06:30-15:00 (day) or 15:00-23:30 (evening).
All candidates are required to submit to a BC Ministry Criminal Record Check and a local Police Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment.
TO APPLY TO THIS POSTING:
1. Create your profile on Make A Future
2. Apply to the North Vancouver School District’s Custodian On-Call posting at: https://bit.ly/3JMObbJ
** The North Vancouver School District values the time you have taken to submit your application; however, only those applicants selected to move forward will be contacted.**
We value the opportunity to learn, share and grow on the traditional territory of the Coast Salish people, specifically the Skwxwú7mesh Nation and Tsleil-Waututh Nation.
View original article here Source