RKS’ House of Dosa Ltd dba House of Dosas at the corner of Kingsway and Knight in Vancouver, is a one stop epicurean destination for all South Indian foods. The signature dish at House of Dosas is, well you guessed it, Dosa; a crispy, sizable and cylindrical crucible from a batter of fermented rice and lentils that can be filled with meat, vegetables or just dipped in mouth-watering chutneys or curries.
We are located at 1391 Kingsway, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5V 3E3 and hiring 3 Cooks.
The candidate must be flexible with the shifts as our restaurant timings are 11:00 am to 03:00 am Monday to Sunday
Salary: $17 / hour
Terms of employment: Permanent, Full time 40 hours / week
Start date: As soon as possible
Employment conditions: Morning, Day, Evening, Shift, Weekend, Night
Personal Suitability- Flexibility, Team player
Completion of secondary school is required.
Completion of a three-year apprenticeship program or completion of college program or other program in cooking OR 2-3 years of experience as Cook (south Indian and Indian Curry Cook)
Cuisine Specialties: South Indian
Additional Skills- Establish methods to meet work schedules, Train staff in job duties, sanitation and safety procedures
• Determine size of food portions, and specialize in preparing and cooking south Indian food such as Idly, Medhuvada, Sambar Idly, Sambar Vada, Gobi Manchurian, Variety of Dosas, Uthappam etc.
• Prepare and cook all curry menu items (http://www.houseofdosas-bc.com/menu/) such as chicken curry, Lamb curry, fish curry, vegetable curry etc.
• Plan menus, maintain inventory and supplies.
• Slice and prepare raw food ingredients
• Ensure the quality of food before serving to guests
• Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
• Manage kitchen operations
• Make sure kitchen and work area is clean and sanitized
• Maintain inventory and record of food, supplies and equipment
How to apply by email: email@example.com
Intended job posting audience: Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
View original article here Source