The Accounts Receivable Clerk’s responsibility includes completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices. accurately and on a timely basis.
You will also be responsible for:
– Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
– Charging expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
– Paying vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
– Paying employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
– Maintaining accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
– Verifying vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
– Maintaining historical records for audit
– Disbursing petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
– Reporting sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
This is your chance to get into a growing organization that has a growing accounting department to match!
You would work closely with the controller, and have a flexible 40 hour per week work schedule. 3 weeks vacation, and health care benefits will be awarded to the successful candidate.
If you have experience using Avante software your profile will be highly considered!
A high school diploma is required and 5 or more years of progressively responsible AR work. You must be highly proficient in MS Office and Excel, and have experience dealing with a large volume of reconciliations.