Fraser Health is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace, located in Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley, one of the most livable regions in the world, is one of Canada’s largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 1.6 million people we serve 1/3 of BC’s population and have 33,000 dedicated professionals in our 12 hospitals and other facilities.
We currently have an exciting Full Time opportunity for Anaesthesia Assistants to work in our Operating Room located at Surrey Memorial Hospital in British Columbia.
The Anaesthesia Assistant works under the supervision of the Anaesthesiologist to provide technical support and clinical assistance in the induction, maintenance and recovery phases of anaesthesia, including observing physiological responses of patients during surgery.
In this position you will:
- Have comprehensive knowledge of current anesthesia assistant theory and practice.
- Maintain, operate and calibrate anesthesiology, cell-saving and related equipment
- Document procedures performed on individual patients by Anaesthetic Assistants
- Participate on clinical committees, anaesthesiology research and special projects.
To qualify, you will need:
- Graduation from a recognized School of Respiratory Therapy Diploma or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Post-graduate diploma in Anaesthesia Assistant program
- Three (3) years’ recent related clinical experience
- Current CPR, ACLS and NRP certifications
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, here are more reasons why you should apply:
- A career that offers you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are excellent in their respective fields.
- Excellent opportunities for support and mentorship into supervisory and management roles are available as you advance within the organization.
- Competitive salary package.
- An opportunity to make a difference every single day in the world of health care.
Take the next step and apply so we can continue the conversation.
Come work with dedicated health care providers who are enthusiastic and committed to provide quality healthcare to our clients/patients/residents. We invite you to find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health as an excellent place to work. Work hard and have fun while you do it.
Curious to learn what it’s like to work here? Like us on Facebook (@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram (@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights.
Rate: $35.65 – $44.56 / hour
Rate: $35.65 – $44.56 / hour Job ID: 43825314
View original article here Source