Accounting Assistant: Vancouver BC
Do you want to be a part of a dynamic and growing organization? Are you looking for an opportunity to enhance your Accounting knowledge, and execute exciting projects and initiatives? Our Downtown client is currently expanding their team and is hiring for an accounting assistant. As an accounting assistant, you will bring your energy, flexibility, and desire to perform projects to this full-time position.
What you get to do: Under limited supervision, the accounting assistant assists the Controller in performing multiple duties related to the accounting functions of the organization within established deadlines.
• Competitive compensation, $40-45k/year based on experience.
• The Position comes with 2 weeks paid vacation and comprehensive benefits upon completion of the probationary period
• Hours Mon-Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
• An opportunity to work with a very well-known brand!
• Transit accessible location
• Free parking on site
• Assist with full-cycle month-end accounting;
posting journal entries and supporting reconciling key balance sheets and income statement accounts.
• Prepare, record, and process accounts payable, cash disbursement, and cash receipt
• Posting journal entries, bank reconciliations, invoicing, and contract and vendor management
• Assist in the posting of accounts to the general ledger for accounts receivable, cash receipts, accounts payable, and cash disbursements.
• Assist on Adhoc duties as and when required
• 2+ years full cycle accounting experience (Client is willing to train)
• Intermediate MS Excel proficiency and Quickbooks experience would be an asset
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
• Ability to deal effectively and professionally with other business departments, and vendors
• Ability to diplomatically deal with situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism
• Superior analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
This is a great opportunity to learn and grow with a national company, if of interest please email me your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
View original article here Source