– Currently hiring a PSW for personal care and light housework around the home.
– For Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday evening (bedtime). Shifts are between 3 and 3 ½ hours in length.
– Friday and Sunday mornings. Shifts are between 4 and 6 hours in length.
-KINDLY INDICATE YOUR AVAILABILITY when you submit your resume.
– There are also opportunities for extra shifts and shift coverage.
– Starting salary is $18.00/hour (+3 dollars/hour per the Province of Ontario’s Temporary Wage Increase, until June 31/2021)
– No previous related experience is necessary. (But experience in caregiving or nursing definitely helps.)
– Work in a highly supportive, positive atmosphere in downtown Toronto.
– Get practical experience in understanding the lives of people who have diverse abilities.
– Must be comfortable being physically active. (The job does entail a lot of bending, moving around and some lifting, so good general fitness is essential.)
– Must have emotional stability, flexibility and general cheerfulness.
– Must be fluent in spoken and written English.
– Must be ok with cats. (One awesome cat!)
– Must have or be willing to get a Police Criminal Reference Check for Vulnerable Persons.
Personal assets in this job include:
– Having a valid driver’s license (extremely helpful but not mandatory)
– Clean personal habits
– A sociable and pleasant demeanour
– Ability to focus your attention for long time periods AND shift the focus of your attention quickly
– Willingness to take direction and give straightforward feedback in a timely way.
Please send resume and let me know if you’re interested in mornings, evenings or both.
View original article here Source