Training is provided for this position. Will require heavy lifting and some knowledge of impact tools. Pay is based on experience and how long it will take to be trained and fully equipped to handle the work on ones own. The pay can be between $18-24 but will increase as training continues.
• Installing/replacing Leafs
• Installing Springs into trucks
• Repairing or Replacing Leafs
• Making Ubolts and installing
• Taking on and off suspension parts such as, hangers, shackles and other suspension parts
• Using Hand tools such as, hammer, wrench, torque wrench
• Using a cutting torch and responsible for the replacement of oxygen tanks and Acetylene
• Rebushing suspension parts
• Use of basic measuring skills
• Operating a chop saw
• Arching and Dearching leafs
• Working on Heavy duty and light trucks, including trailers
• Using air tools such as impact gun and others pertaining to the job
• Working under all types of trucks
• Using jacks and air jacks
• Lifting up to 150 with assistance from another technician
•Sweeping, cleaning tools, removing of garbage etc
You are able to work the shop’s 8am-5pm hours (flex time also available).
License and experience is an asset but not required.\
Willingness to learn repair aspects and suspension mechanics.
Perform repair duties and assist other technicians and mechanics perform repairs.
Punctuality and respectfulness of others and work area expected.
View original article here Source