Are you a designated Senior Financial Analyst who has US GAAP knowledge, strength in financial reporting and solid month-end and experience?
Do you thrive in fast-paced, ever-changing and environments and like the idea of working for a technology manufacturing start-up in downtown Toronto?
If you are a CPA designated accounting and finance professional who is open to new opportunities and this describes you well, this may be a great permanent role for you to consider!
– Competitive base salary
– Stock option purchase plan
– Health and dental plan
– Flexible working arrangements and hours
– Great mentor and leader as a manager
Reporting to the Manager of Financial reporting, your duties and responsibilities include;
• Monthly Close and Financial Reporting
• Record monthly recurring journal entries for PP&E, accruals, debt, stock options and more
• Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations on a monthly basis
• Ensure accurate foreign currency re-measurement for financial reporting
• Prepare and maintain schedules for equity & debt instruments financial reporting
• Aid in preparation of quarterly & annual financial statements under U.S. GAAP as well as the preparation of disclosures and MD&A
• Assist with quarterly reviews and annual audits
• Help develop & maintain internal controls and processes in accordance with SOX requirements
• Proactively identify issues and assist in optimizing systems, upgrades, and automation of accounting processes
• Assistance with tax returns as necessary (GST/HST, SRED)
• Help develop and maintain financial performance measures and reporting to continuously improve the economics of the business.
• Lead system improvements to provide better data to management, FP&A & Financial Reporting
• Aid in system integrations & consolidation and any new financial system implementations (i.e. inventory software, fixed asset software, automated monthly reconciliation software, ERP, accounting system upgrades)
• Prepare ad hoc analysis as required
• Inventory management and COGS analysis
• Work with production to develop & improve costing processes and procedures
• Prepare & maintain standard cost updates & calculations to be entered into the inventory system
• Account for variances between standard cost and actual cost of sales
• Partner with the operations team to maintain the accuracy of the inventory system data
• University Degree in Finance/Accounting
• Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation required
• 4+ years professional accounting experience / 1+ corporate accounting in US GAAP environment / 2+ years Big 4 public accounting experience
• Experience with inventory, specifically in the manufacturing industry is a plus
• Cross-border tax knowledge a plus
• Experience with data tools a plus (Tableau, Power BI, Alteryx)
• Remote until September, plan to work from office downtown Toronto thereafter
If this role sounds like a great match for your skills, experience, and fit, please apply today or share with a friend!
View original article here Source