This is a contract position for a Solutions Designer for our client who is in the Broader Public Sector. Work location will be in North York
This is a Hybrid Role with 3 days in the office a week. This is a mandatory requirement of the role and is non negotiable outside of exceptional circumstances.
The Contract runs for one year.
Hours per day will be 7.25.
Good Compensation working on projects that will make a difference to the people of Ontario.
Design, develop and enhance large scale software systems using RESTful & Micro Services based architecture and design
• Design containerized based solutions/architecture
• Prepare & continuously improve solution design to integrate in house developed applications (such as PHIX, ICON for Public, and m-IMMS through APIs with Panorama) and external applications via APIs.
• Conduct performance tuning and recommend performance improvement solution
• Work autonomously as a design specialist on high profile, complex and high-risk technology solutions with significant organizational impact
• Lead design and development of an architecture for the entire DHIR/Public Health solutions ecosystem, shared frameworks and applications
• Oversee development team as required, make sure developers implement good quality code and enforce regular code reviews
• Automate build process in development environment through CI/CD
• Provide technical guidance, quality assurance/control and support the build, test and deploy environments, overseeing junior staff members
• Work with Business Analysts to translate integration and sustainment requirements and specifications into appropriate design that meets ongoing business, operational and IT needs
• Update and/or create new architectural artifacts that detail solution design needed to improve current authentication mechanism by leveraging a future provincial mechanism for using 2/multi factor authentication for end users
• Improve performance and integration of the extensions/tools
• Provide technical guidance, and overseeing junior staff members
• Work with relevant architects to ensure a consistent object model, data model, interface model and application model is maintained
• Work with infrastructure, operational and deployment and technical teams to define the physical deployment of the application
• Work with security architects and privacy SMEs to ensure that the application design and physical deployment are ensuring the required level of security and adhere to data privacy standards
• Oversee and define development specifications, technical requirements, system performance objectives, identify necessary system modifications
• Participate in the creation of key architecture artifacts such as Blueprints, Assessment of Options and Functional/Non-Functional Requirements
• Produce low level design/development artefacts, design documentation that displays enough details to allow developers to code and test
• Provide overall technical support for incident management, application functionality sustainment, performance tuning and technical documentation
• Define software, hardware and network requirements, including but not limited to refining Health Level International 7 (HL7) Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) specification/requirements for DHIR
• Ensure understanding by the data contribution and the data consumption partners of the HL7 FHIR specifications
• Work to ensure a consistent object, data, interface and application model is maintained
• Apply the best practices in design, build, development and deployment to meet the functional and non-functional requirements of the extensions/tools, and adhering to GO-ITS standards and internal branch standards
• Participate in third-party/vendor product assessments and integrations
• Provide recommendations on value-added architectural improvements/ enhancements
• Ensure timely delivery of quality products
• Analyze and solve problems, identify issues and apply or implement solutions
• Work collaboratively with architecture team to create required architectural artifacts
• Manage the development teams, provide and support the development build, test and deploy environments
• Participate and lead in solution intake requests, for solutions options analysis, recommendation, estimates and proposals.
The candidate is required to come in office – 3 days a week
Design, develop and enhance large scale software systems using RESTful & Micro Services based architecture and design 10+ years
Extensive experience with JEE environments such as WebSphere Application Server,
Defining software, hardware and network requirements, including but not limited to refining Health Level International 7 (HL7) Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) specification/requirements for solutions
If Interested and qualified for this role, please apply today for immediate consideration!!!
Randstad Canada is committed to fostering a workforce reflective of all peoples of Canada. As a result, we are committed to developing and implementing strategies to increase the equity, diversity and inclusion within the workplace by examining our internal policies, practices, and systems throughout the entire lifecycle of our workforce, including its recruitment, retention and advancement for all employees. In addition to our deep commitment to respecting human rights, we are dedicated to positive actions to affect change to ensure everyone has full participation in the workforce free from any barriers, systemic or otherwise, especially equity-seeking groups who are usually underrepresented in Canada’s workforce, including those who identify as women or non-binary/gender non-conforming; Indigenous or Aboriginal Peoples; persons with disabilities (visible or invisible) and; members of visible minorities, racialized groups and the LGBTQ2+ community.
Randstad Canada is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace for all its candidates and employees by supporting their accessibility and accommodation needs throughout the employment lifecycle. We ask that all job applications please identify any accommodation requirements by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure their ability to fully participate in the interview process.
View original article here Source