Health and Safety Coordinator
Build your future at Minto!
Since 1955, we’ve been proudly building better places for people to live, work, and play, one home and one relationship at a time. To us, it’s all about special moments — like the thrill of a new apartment, the pride in owning a first home, or a growing investment partnership. We recognize this continues with great employees, like you, and would love for you to join us on our mission. At Minto, we welcome change, celebrate new ideas, and provide you with the resources, professional training, and diverse opportunities to grow your career.
Your offer will include:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus + benefits effective 1st day + RRSP matching plan + 3 weeks’ vacation
- Tuition reimbursement plans and professional development courses
- Employee recognition platform – Be rewarded by your colleagues for your contributions!
- Flexible summer hours
- Many exciting career opportunities
Your Role on our Team: The Health and Safety Coordinator is responsible for implementing Minto’s team-oriented health and safety program. This role will support the Construction Team with the monitoring and implementation of Minto’s regulatory Health and Safety Policies.
In this role, you will:
- Responsible for monitoring, maintaining, and implementing Minto’s and the Ministry of Labour’s (MOL), health and safety policies and procedures
- Conduct construction site inspections
- Responsible to maintain safety files and log activities
- Maintain Minto employee training records
- Conduct safety tool box talks with Minto staff
- Report all inspections and safety talks in health and safety software (e.g.Compliance)
- Responsible to coordinate orientation for new trades on site
- Responsible for tracking safety infractions and reporting on trends
- Responsible to host and take minutes of joint and worker trades health and safety meetings
- Responsible to keep record of trade health and safety policies, toolbox meetings, safety certifications, etc.
- Ensure Trades follow health and safety policy and procedures and report non-conformance to the appropriate person
- Ensure Trades have provided all safety documentation prior to start of construction projects
- Maintain health and safety equipment on site (PPE, fire extinguishers, first aid kits, stretchers, etc.)
We would like you to have:
Education: A High School Diploma and relevant post-secondary education is considered an asset
Experience: 2 -5 years of health and safety experience, preferably in the construction industry
Specialized Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills to maintain specific timelines
- Attention to detail
- A valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle are required
- Familiar with applicable legislations, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, Ontario Building Code, Provincial Fire codes and Environmental Protection Act is considered an asset
- Post-secondary education in Occupational Health and Safety or related field is an asset
- Current certification in C.P.R., First Aid and Fall Protection is an asset
Our future is better together. Apply now and join us!
Minto is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or support in any aspect of our recruitment and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
View original article here Source