In the last nine years, Prodigy Education has grown from 3,000 local users to more than 100 million registered users worldwide. As one of the fastest-growing ed-tech startups in North America with global impact, Prodigy connects students, parents, teachers, and school districts with resources that promote a lifelong love of learning. Anyone with an internet connection is welcome to create a free account for its renowned Math Game and try an effective and engaging math platform for grades 1 to 8. For more information visitwww.prodigygame.com, or @ProdigyGame on Twitter.
At Prodigy Education, we have an incredible team that works tirelessly to turn our goal of making education a human right into a reality. We are immensely grateful for our amazing team and all they do every day. We welcome people who share our passion to join our team, where you will have the opportunity to help an entire generation of students to LOVE learning.
Our passion is our mission – to help every student in the world love learning!
- As a Full StackDeveloper on our Online Tutoring team, your primary mission will be to architect and engineer critical components across a variety of micro-services and facing projects.
- Please note: During the Covid-19 pandemic, in order to keep all our candidates safe, Prodigy is hiring and on-boarding 100% remotely for the time being.
- Make large architectural decisions that will help make our stack more robust and efficient
- Write and maintain high quality and well-documented code
- Select, develop, and implement core technologies across a variety of projects (front-end and back-end)
Who You Are:
- Solid experience writing RESTful API endpoints
- Passion for user experience, performance, and uptime
- Knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL, MSSQL, etc.)
- Experience working with NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, Redis, MongoDB, etc.)
- Knowledge of security best practices
- A love for learning and staying on top of the latest in web development
Bonus Points For:
- Ability to work with other programming languages
- Experience working with ElasticSearch or other search technologies
- Experience with AWS technologies
- Familiarity with ES6 and beyond
- Experience with unit testing and testing frameworks
Our Core Technologies
- Backend: Node.js, GraphQL, Postgres, DynamoDB, Redis, AWS, Lambda, NestJS, Prisma
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am – 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual Prodigy Prepares cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like working from home ? Prodigy is office optional!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for All Hands, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
While we operate 100% remotely for the time being, our company culture and values remain at the core of everything we do. We are offering a number of remote-friendly activities such as:
When this pandemic comes to an end and it is safe to be back in the office. Here’s a glimpse into what you can expect:
Apply for this position Job ID: 25685160
View original article here Source