Do you want to be a part of a global team whose mission is to be the leading specialist in electric power switching, protection, and control by creating innovative solutions that are easily applied and provide the best long-term value? We help companies like Bruce Power, Toronto Hydro, Hydro Quebec, and many others keep the lights on for their customers.
We design, assemble, provide post sales support and everything in between. Our business is fostered around our core values of personal integrity, respect for people, commitment to excellence and responsible stewardship. We are happy to share that we are a land fill free company. We take our commitment to our Team Members, Customers, and the environment seriously.
S&C is continuing to grow. Where do you come in? We are looking for talented Electrical Assemblers who have a passion for innovation and in their field of expertise, enjoys working as part of a team and are committed to helping us become a leader in our industry.
As an Electrical Assembler, you will
- Wiring of various electrical devices used in High Power Switchgear
- Mechanical assembly of High-Power Switchgear
- Reading and interpreting wiring assembly schematics
- Reading and interpreting mechanical assembly schematics
- Troubleshooting of circuits
- Other duties as assigned
Who are we looking for? Someone who has
- Post-secondary education in trades or a technical certificate considered an asset
- 1 – 4 years of experience with wiring and assembling products (equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered)
- Able to read and interpret electrical and mechanical schematics
- Experience in reading wiring schematics/diagrams and mechanical blueprints and troubleshooting wiring and mechanical issues
- Able to visualize and plan the assembly of a product based on wiring schematics and mechanical blueprints
- Knowledge of proper wiring techniques (stripping, terminating, crimping)
- Able to safely operate hand and power tools
- Detail oriented with a keen eye to spot defects
- Excellent problem-solving skills and good communication skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs
In return, we will provide you with
- A safe and fun working environment where we celebrate our milestones.
- A competitive compensation that includes a 100% paid medical benefits, pension plan, annual bonus, and other perks.
- Access to S&C University, our internal learning platform which gives you an opportunity to learn new skills and improve on the ones you already have.
These are just some of the other reasons why S&C is a great place to work. We are a large team who believes in providing growth opportunities to our team members. Many of whom have become, Team Leads, Supervisors and Managers and even Designers. The career possibilities at S&C are endless. Do we still have your attention? If so, click on the link to submit your application and join our team today!
S&C Electric Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, S&C Electric Canada Ltd. will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform S&C Electric Canada Ltd.’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
S&C Electric Company
View original article here Source