Kitchen Manager – Republic of Tacos
Available exclusively at Ossington Canteen, Republic of Tacos will be one of the feature brands at Ossington Canteen. What started as a humble family tradition for the owner as a child in Dallas, developed into obsession during time spent in Austin and the surrounding area, seeing out tacos and smoked meats. Texas style breakfast tacos are nearly exclusively served on flour tortillas, which we make in-house with no preservatives on equipment we shipped in from San Antonio. The dish is meant to be easy to, affordable, delicious, and not overly complicated. A breakfast taco is never called a burrito – breakfast tacos are smaller and more portable, and why not make it two?
Seeking a kitchen manager/junior chef who is eager to develop their kitchen leadership skills for our Republic of Tacos brand. You will work with us as we launch our company, leveraging your kitchen expertise while we support you in honing your management capabilities. Together with our team you will help oversee kitchen operations, preparing high quality Tex-Mex style items, including our signature breakfast tacos. You will support in developing & implementing inventory systems and budgets. As manager you will be an ambassador of both Ossington Canteen & Republic of Tacos and by representing our vision in your leadership & decision-making. You will help in gathering a small, engaged team which will support the company’s commitment to our community and in delivering exceptional service to our customers. In this position, you will build experience in managing costs & profit, work with suppliers and help to hire & inspire great kitchen staff. All while maintaining a safe & clean workspace and, of course, creating exceptional food! Future growth opportunities will be available as we expand our business into other avenues.
Full-time, 40 – 44 hours per week
– Day-to-day leadership and management of the kitchen including developing work systems
– Prepare food following established kitchen operation processes & recipes. Including handmade tortillas, salsas and more.
– Assist in the recruitment & training of top kitchen talent. Coach, support and hold staff accountable for quality standards
– Work with the Canteen team in managing operating expenses to budget through regular supplier and costs review. Make informed purchasing decisions & manage inventory
– Help to schedule work based on forecasted needs and budgeted targets
– Ensure team compliance to all company brand & quality standards and adherence to health & safety regulations
– Alongside the Owner/General Manager, identify restaurant opportunities and develop action plans
– Develop new recipes and food items to expand company offerings
– Complete administrative duties, including correspondence, invoice management, and general organization
– Other duties as assigned
– Minimum 2 years of culinary leadership experience is required
– Ontario Food Handler certification is required. Knowledge of federal, provincial and municipal health and safety requirements
– Self-starter, problem-solver, action-oriented. Excellent communication skills
– Experience in the training new employees
– Ability to work under pressure, by remaining calm, collected and focused
– Commissary experience would be an asset
– Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
– Ability to reach, bend, squat and frequently move up to 50 pounds
– Ability to stand on your feet for long periods of time
– Legal permission to work in Canada is required
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We are committed to employment equity and diversity, and welcome applications from all qualified individuals. Accommodations can be made for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please let us know if you require any accommodation for the interviews/meetings.
$47,000 – $50,000
About Ossington Canteen
Ossington Canteen is an independent, neighbourhood food spot serving hot ready-to-eat foods and take home meals. We feature a collective of local chefs offering an array of foods, such as Texas-style breakfast tacos by Republic of Tacos, British fare by Pies by Squires, indulgent sweets by Gertie’s and more. Take it to-go or enjoy in the Canteen! Our bar serves a selection of beers, wines and cocktails, as well as premium coffee and espresso beverages.
View original article here Source